No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I considered getting that but thank god I didnt since I would be shooting myself in the foot, and heres why.

Last night I was up till 1AM installing my Freshly Rebuilt turbo I just recieved to replace my blown one. I get it in and take it around the block after the appropriate priming, installing, etc. and notice a scarry whine. It wasnt loud, but it was there. I went over to CS and had Derrick test it out. After he took me for a spin in his car, it was somewhat normal of a sound, just louder then usual. I start to pull out of the parking lot, when all the sudden, my turbo just starts screaming very, very loudly. I take it back, and everything pointed at the turbo for sure. So now, after spending about $100 on gaskets and hoses, I have to take it all back off, to send it back!!!!!

Words can not describe what Im feeling right now.
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Sounds like the people that rebuilt your turbo didnt balance the shaft with the wheels on it. My friend ran into a problem trying to find a replacement turbo or even someone to rebuild it. Well the cheapest rebuild was 350 and there were no other turbos in sight. So the solution was going custom with a T3 setup. His cousin welded a t3 flange onto the stock mani and an external wastegate on the stock o2 hole. So far the car likes it with no problem spooling the turbo. Now he is thinking of selling the car.

Comment

worked on my b6t today putting a s15 ballbearing t28 on it :D

Comment

Dude, you ladies do wierd things to your BoyFriends.
          1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
          1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
          2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
          2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
            I got lucky and bought a JDM cluster. I found it on ebay and the guy has another one. The 1 I bought I have never seen it. It has white numbers and lights up in green. I cant wait to get it this week hopefully. Here's a pic

That's odd, but '80s Mazdas should light up orange, there's a law somewhere. lol

My dad aimed the 323's headlights with his Hoppy aimer kit, super cool...they were way off because I just visually aimed them after putting the brand new housings in a while back.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Detailed, added a floor mat holder to the passenger side(noticed that whenever I have a passenger in the car the floor mat slides up, the driver's side did that so I added one for that a long time ago), and used this new Bumper Magic product that we got at work. Works great, my bumpers, mudflaps, and trim bits are black again and it's better than just tire shine that I used before.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
              On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
              My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

changed spark plugs and wires. changed oil and filter and it's alive again!

Comment

My friend found a 323 wagon with power windows and doors. He called me and told me so I went and got it all. I checked them all yesterday and they all work. I hope to have it all in by this weekend. The cluster is in and it is bad ass. It also fixed my heating problem. The digital cluster was out of wack and needs to be calibrated. I also ordered a new vac advance. I found this website that had it for 23.00 plus 7.00 shipping so I paid 30 for it brand new. I checked local auto parts stores near me and they wanted 80 for it. Rockauto.com is the site and they have some cheap stuff.

Comment

my car fits that!

Last edited by Roge; 10-08-2008, 09:50 AM.

MY CAR!
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2267459
                    http://www.streettuningcolombia.com/...d.php?tid=1633

Comment

Whoa, mine is lit in orange too...

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                      That's odd, but '80s Mazdas should light up orange, there's a law somewhere. lol

My dad aimed the 323's headlights with his Hoppy aimer kit, super cool...they were way off because I just visually aimed them after putting the brand new housings in a while back.

I got mine from a Mazda 323 sedan I love it.

I also drove my BF to Brookville, In. Monday for some EGT parts.
                      After I had the exaust leak repaired. it's nice to have quiet in the long ride.
                      David
                      sigpic Ky

Comment

I drove an hour to talk to a guy about buying his "parts" car from him....he ended up being Rod Millens old co driver in the GTX, awesome guy.

Later today I'm going back to the shop to get back on some rust repair.
                        sigpic
                        The Beater and the Race Car....guess which is which!
                        Little boys play in the street, real men play in the dirt"

Comment

I installed my foglights... pictures to come soon.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                          1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                          1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                          1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                          1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Changed my oil. Bought new tires. Rolled the front fenders....

Comment

I drive mind Daily....

if I only had cruise control!
                              David
                              sigpic Ky

Comment

I drove it 350miles to prepare for my 700 mile trip tomorrow. woo!!!!! i'm at 293k now.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Working...
                                X