No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i took my whole intake apart and found oil all trough the turbo both sides. fun looks like im into a full rebuild as there is water in the oil. oh boy the joy of owning a 20 + year old car.
    88 323 bf (parts)
    88 gtx (project)
    88 gtx (project)
    91 323 lx (sadly sleeping in the snow)
    94 toyota pickup (not happy)
    05 mazda 3 (DD)
    91 mustang w/ 351w (sold)

too many projects

Comment

Sounds like the intake return line is pouring oil from your VC to the turbo and through the instake pipes. Try replacing your PCV (On the otherside of intake/at the manifold), and adding a catchcan between the hose from the VC to the Intake routing above the J-Pipe. May fix your problem. While doing that, check your turbo for shaft play. If it moves any, you may also have a blown seal among other things. Then do a leak down test for compression and determine if you have a blown headgasket.
      Simple as that.
      Mazda
      1988 Black 323 GT
      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

oh ive done that it worked for a bit but i still had a vast amount of blow buy. the turbo is shot oil on both sides with shaft play now its time for me to decide what to do i have another gtx with clean motor w/ vj14 that i can swap out or rebuild this motor strong and find another vj11. decisions decisions
        88 323 bf (parts)
        88 gtx (project)
        88 gtx (project)
        91 323 lx (sadly sleeping in the snow)
        94 toyota pickup (not happy)
        05 mazda 3 (DD)
        91 mustang w/ 351w (sold)

too many projects

Comment

I bought nylon washers to use as bushings to finish getting ready to hook up my new rad. I Hammered the dent (most of it) out of my custom intake pipe so that I can re-use it for the time-being until I create some suitable replacement. Just about ready to get the rest of the car back together.

Comment

Bout danm time larry.
            Got new MazdaSpeed Motor Mounts, and had them installed. Jason found a Broken Front Mount, so that would explain why my engine felt so danm sloppy! So Much stronger now, but it vibrates EVERYTHING!!! But with stiffer mounts, its to be expected. Atleast it can handle a little more power now.
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
              Bout danm time larry.
              Got new MazdaSpeed Motor Mounts, and had them installed. Jason found a Broken Front Mount, so that would explain why my engine felt so danm sloppy! So Much stronger now, but it vibrates EVERYTHING!!! But with stiffer mounts, its to be expected. Atleast it can handle a little more power now.
              Still can't catch me..... :ARCADE:

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                Still can't catch me..... :ARCADE:
                ...wanna bet?
                Mazda
                1988 Black 323 GT
                DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

can you guys wait till the new F&F comes out at least? LOL

Comment

Oh!!!! BurrrrrrrnnnN!!!!!

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
                      Oh!!!! BurrrrrrrnnnN!!!!!
                      Whatever! LOL

Okay, maybe it's my age, but I am not exactly sure what "F and F" stands for..... Help me out guys (without too much ridicule... C'mon, I have the courage to ask you for help on this on-line or the stupidity....)

Comment

Well, you atleast admit your slow and stupid, so Ile take pitty on ya. Fast and furious. The movie series?
                        Mazda
                        1988 Black 323 GT
                        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Aaaaaahhh!!!!! Okay... that makes sense. Maybe we should write and star in the next episode.... LOL Hey, in the most recent one.... Tokyo Drift, they looked like me! LOL I shouldn't disss that movie too much. My Cousin's daughter worked on that film.

Comment

My dad and I put in the reman'ed brake master cylinder...bled the brakes...had lots of air in em. Also swapped the tires front to back. The thing really stops now. lol

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                            On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                            My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Finally got the lower rad hose off. What a b*tch.

Nobody carries the hoses around here. I'm going to have to call the dealer first thing tomorrow. I hope they have one in stock. Might not get the car done before heading down to Portland this week. sh*t.

Comment

If need be, hit up the local napa, atuozone, schucks, etc for the hose. The dealer is likely not going to carry one. They can be ordered however. I can send you my spare if need be. Its used but if I recal, in good shape. If not, have mazda overnight it to the dealer. Its pretty simple. You better as hell be drivin that thing down here!

Have you fired it at all yet?
                                Mazda
                                1988 Black 323 GT
                                DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Working...
                                X