No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished painting the dash pieces and was going to put the dash back together but,...just got lazy. I did get some front seats from a '93 Pro.

Comment

Well, put the dash together, cleaned up the new seats and got ready to put everything back in. I am wanting to have the new interior in by the end of this weekend, we'll see.

Comment

Finally got some goodies ordered for my White GT. Now I can start rebuilding her from the brakes/wheels up. Getting:
        1. Steering Rack-Reman
        2. Front and Rear Drilled/Slotted rotors
        3. KVR Brake Pads
        4. Corksport SS Brake Lines
        5. Brand New half Shafts
        6. Eurethane Control Arm Bushings
        7. Swaybar Bushings
        8. Possibley Intrax Lowering Springs on Tokico's if LN323GT likes his new Coilovers for his GT.
        9. Powerdercoating the Stock Rims
        10. New Tires

Still lots more to do after this, but this gets me started, and once this is done, That leaves the fuel system, Turbocharger rebuild, Transmission Overhual and Engine Overhual. If I play my cards right this year, I could have this thing on the road by late summer!!

Im getting pumped to get this car done.
        Mazda
        1988 Black 323 GT
        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Pulled out her poor old worn engine...
          Now time for rewiring... fun
          BF 323 '86 GTR swap - project
          '95 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4 - daily driver (for now...)

Comment

I did put the dash back in this past weekend. Got the carpet in but still letting it form before i glue it. Still detailing interior pieces.

Comment

Started getting some goodies in.
              I got my Reman. rack and pinion, KVR brake pads F/R, CS SS brake lines, Front control arm bushings and Sway bar bushings. Finally, some picks.

Mazda
              1988 Black 323 GT
              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

If you are interested I have a carpet from a Tracer sedan (plush...grey) that might serve you well. The car had 59k on it and was very well taken care of.lmk
                Clay

Comment

Hey Clay, I appreciate the offer, but Im going for a new molded carpet once I get to that point. Plus, I figure the gross and dirty carpet will work fine for when im tracking greese and dirt into the car when im rebuilding it. Found a site to get new molded carpet in any color for the car, so im going that route.
                  Thanks anyways.
                  Mazda
                  1988 Black 323 GT
                  DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

very good

Comment

I have over 700 miles on the new rebuild and now the tranny is starting to act up. When im sitting at a light and I go to put it in first... It locks me out of first and second. I have to put it in third and move up and then put it in first. Im gonna change from gl5 oil to dextron atf and hopefully it will help a lil. otherwise I have to get it rebuilt and spend a whole lot more money that I dont want to spend

Comment

I'd only run atf if you're in -0 degree weather and seeing how you're in Florida I'm guessing that's not the case. Sounds like you have other problems...

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                        1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                        1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                        1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                        1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Thats what I figured. I am about to give up. I need a car that will be abke to drive everywhere without having ti fix it everyday

Comment

Swapped out my Intrax and Tokikos for Eibach and Tokiko coilovers. Still needs finetuning but I think I'll be happy eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
                              Thats what I figured. I am about to give up. I need a car that will be abke to drive everywhere without having ti fix it everyday
                              This is exactly why when I take on a project car, I have the whole running gear checked out or rebuilt before depending on it. Im having my GT's Engine, Transmission and Turbo all rebuilt just to make sure it runs like new when I get it back together. Its a slow process, but it will get done. Which car are you driving again? GTX/GT?
                              Mazda
                              1988 Black 323 GT
                              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
                                This is exactly why when I take on a project car, I have the whole running gear checked out or rebuilt before depending on it. Im having my GT's Engine, Transmission and Turbo all rebuilt just to make sure it runs like new when I get it back together. Its a slow process, but it will get done. Which car are you driving again? GTX/GT?
                                I just make sure I own more than one car so that if my projects don't go the way I would hope, I have a different car that I can use.

Comment

Working...
                                X