No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets's see.... two weekends ago, Kyle and I swapped out the struts and springs for the coil-overs (of which I'm not totally happy... different story). Picked up car from shop (paid for 3 hours of labor plus tax) to have the brakes check out due to weird noises and to have the struts taken off to change out the spring caps and re-assembled and to re-adjust the height (tuning the suspension). Come to find out my front bearings are a teeny bit loose, so off to Les Schwab I go to inquire since they were the last ones to do my bearings 5 months ago. According to records, they either did just one side (I doubt that) or they replaced the outer bearings on both front sides which I believe is what they ended up doing. Because of how late it was, we decided to try later next week to tighten the axle nuts, then back them off a bit to see if that wouldn't help. Then, I'll get the car aligned.

In the meantime, Friday after work I plan on going to Discount Tire to have the new wheels and tires installed so that I can transport and deliver my current set to Kyle down in Portland. I leave Friday at around 7pm in my truck on that adventure. I wish I could have had the bearings taken care of today as well as the alignment so that my car was ready for the new rubber, but I'm fine with waiting at this point.

On the way down to Portland I'm meeting up with a guy who's selling four Focal speakers pulled from his Dodge truck because he wrecked the truck and took these out before getting rid of the truck. When talking to the wife on the phone, they couldn't tell me if they were 5.25" 3-ways or 6.5" 3-ways, but I'm geting them for $20 total.

Then, I'm stopping at Olympia to buy a 2008 complete exhaust system cat-back off of a Mazda 3 because he upgraded. According to him, it has all of around 800 miles on it. I plan to chop it up and use it to build an exhaust system either for my Mazda B2200 or the RAV-4. With a little luck, I might be able to both with a little extra piping I got. Price? $10

Saturday morning I meet up with Kyle for breakfast and to deliver his wheels and tires. Then, at 10am I meet up with a guy in north Portland to buy a canopy for my truck.... $50

Somewhere in all this I get to hwlp my dad and mom move some furniture to the new house and visit an old college buddy of mine.

I think my oldest son is going to make the trip with me. Should be good times. Planning on coming back by Saturday afternoon. Got to change the oil in the RAV-4 before my oldest son takes it back to college with him.

Yes, I'm that old..... shut up. Okay, I'll stop because I know this isn't all about my GT. Felt good to write it though.

Comment

My RX7 Wheels are on the BF

I finally got them on my 323!
      Attached Files
      David
      sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by riverrunnernky View Post
        Ile one-up ya tomorrow.
        Mazda
        1988 Black 323 GT
        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Well....

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
          Ile one-up ya tomorrow.
          you do that, big boi!!

I have mine on stands tonight, the engine and tranny are vibrating like hell.

I think the carrier barrings are gone bad.

Anyone had this happen?
          David
          sigpic Ky

Comment

Oooooh. Like the RX-7 phone dials. I have my studded snow tires on those. Didn't run them at all this year since my car wasn't drivable due to my little crash. Definitely a good "old school" look.

Good job.

I posted what I've done recently on my GT but I accidentally posted it on a different thread. Ooooops.

Comment

Thank You

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
              Oooooh. Like the RX-7 phone dials. I have my studded snow tires on those. Didn't run them at all this year since my car wasn't drivable due to my little crash. Definitely a good "old school" look.

Good job.

I posted what I've done recently on my GT but I accidentally posted it on a different thread. Ooooops.
              I have some change in those I found in a graveyard, good money spent.

All work done Under $200. including 2 coats of clear coat finish and the rubber!

Only one bad rust over the pass rear wheel.

I have a GT also with bad frame, great eng. and trans. boost is 9 lbs. per prior owner. Got it from 323GTX mailing list. Rides nice, intill I broke the lug nut of 2 left on one wheel.

Now to see what is wrong with the SE tranny, the GT power plant is hott as is the suspension system!

I have opts...

Thanks again for the comp.
              David
              sigpic Ky

Comment

hooked up the turbo timer yesterday.

Comment

I have some change in those I found in a graveyard, good money spent.

All work done Under $200. including 2 coats of clear coat finish and the rubber!

Only one bad rust over the pass rear wheel.

I have a GT also with bad frame, great eng. and trans. boost is 9 lbs. per prior owner. Got it from 323GTX mailing list. Rides nice, intill I broke the lug nut of 2 left on one wheel.

Now to see what is wrong with the SE tranny, the GT power plant is hott as is the suspension system!

I have opts...

Thanks again for the comp.

Dude, that sucks! Sorry to hear. Both cars are down eh? Why not focus on getting the GT up and running for the time being? Replacing lugs arent too hard. Is the frame real bad?
                  Mazda
                  1988 Black 323 GT
                  DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

The GT is a problem...

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
                    Dude, that sucks! Sorry to hear. Both cars are down eh? Why not focus on getting the GT up and running for the time being? Replacing lugs arent too hard. Is the frame real bad?
                    No title yet, so no registration or ins. since I took posession.

The frame does have over wieghing issues of rust out deeming the frame unsafe for many more uses with out extensive scab welding. The moon roof is taped down so it would not blow away when I drove it home from Dayton in Dec. 08. I'll part it down and consider the B6t for the 323 hatch.
                    David
                    sigpic Ky

Comment

Much happier with my car! Finally got a chance to take my car in for an alignment. Car drives much better. The only thing is the round ruubber gaskets or spacers at the top of the rear struts have oozed out and I'm concerned that there might be some wiggle room for the thread casing around the strut to vibrate now. Hmmmmm..... I'm going to have to think about what to do. Maybe I'll stuff a slab of silicon in place of it....

Regardless, I'm now confident to drive my car with a little more "spirit" again. I also feel like it's road-ready for my 600 mile round-trip drives to Eugene in late April and Spokane in mid-May.

Comment

So my gt has been great to me. I got a lil happy on sunday and was driving it down the highway and I was beating on it. The car felt very fast and ran great. I noticed the temp go up so I stayed off the gas and drove it calm. I took my girl home and kept hearing a noise. Well I got back home and found out that I now have an exhaust leak either from the manifold to head or from turbo to manifold. All I know is that it was boostin 13psi and thats with no boost controller or anything. Its slow now and sounds like crap

Comment

just to fill everyone in on my situation i have 2 gtx one of which is in another city where i am not and the other has a blown motor or so i thought. so yesterday i was board and was thinking i should through in one of the other turbos i had liying around (the vj11 that was in there was shot and pissing oil everywhere on both exaust and intake side. so i stole some parts from the old turbo and found i have another vj11 kicking around so i go ahead and start preping it to be installed. i move the side mount intercooler to the front (just because i wanted to) install all my intake clean the engine bay a bit top up my fluids, then start the car ... No blue. i thought i had blown my rings but apperently it was the turbo the whole time leaking oil. so now i have a running gtx where i am.

its nice to have her back
                          88 323 bf (parts)
                          88 gtx (project)
                          88 gtx (project)
                          91 323 lx (sadly sleeping in the snow)
                          94 toyota pickup (not happy)
                          05 mazda 3 (DD)
                          91 mustang w/ 351w (sold)

too many projects

Comment

I know that feeling a;ll too well.
                            On another note, I found out why i was leaning out. My BAC valve was shot, cuasing bad idling and boosting behavior. Been that way for a year or so. I replaced it a week or so ago, and ever since, I have had power I never knew I had. The car feels real Peppy, and my Air/Fual Ratio is perfect.
                            Now I just need to figure out as to why my charge pipes have oil in them...

Also, since today and yesterday where nice, I pulled my White GT's motor out and tore it apart to be rebuilt. Cant wait till I get this car back together all set to go!
                            Mazda
                            1988 Black 323 GT
                            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Whats a BAC?? I blew another exhaust mani to turbo gasket 2 weeks ago. This past sat I ran it at the track with 300lbs of crap (system, tools, etc...) It was running on 7psi because of the gasket leak. It did 16.2 both runs. Im not happy but what could i have expected out of it since it had basically a boost leak and a load of crap in the trunk

Comment

must be his blood alcohol content valve LOL
                                Check out the Pics
                                sigpic
                                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
                                Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

Working...
                                X