No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that will come all in good time after ive done the fronts, ive seen the threads, some good info on here about it. Calipers and discs etc are not a problem sourcing. Its that dogbone looking bracket for the caliper i need find. Getting aftermarket parts over here are very rare, cant even find any lowering springs.

Comment

Check for a Pedder's distributor... i was really happy with the struts i had for the street, and the springs are supposed to be very similar to the SusTech/Corksport springs I was running.

The dog bone bracket is a custom job. Find a machine shop and give them dimensions... It should be very simple for them to do.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

No dealers over here. Its the shipping that puts me off, think they wanted more than the cost of the kit. I will have a look around and see if i can find the dimensions for the bracket.

Well today i was under my car at 5.30am armed with a can of de-icer and a hammer freeing up a rear caliper that had frozen solid, great start to the day. I wont be leaving that handbrake on in this freezing weather again.

Comment

Drove the snot out of my car. Felt great.

Comment

nothing today..i need to get working on it.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
              Drove the snot out of my car. Felt great.
              Ooooohh.... a car with no snot. Nice. As old as our cars are, let's hope the snot doesn't come back soon.....

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                Ooooohh.... a car with no snot. Nice. As old as our cars are, let's hope the snot doesn't come back soon.....
                We're going to do a little drivey session up on the mountain today. Who will break down first: FD? or GTX? Place bets now!

Comment

How many miles on the FD?

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

Doesn't matter. FD has cooling / afr issues. Mine still needs to have the pedals adjusted. Both cars suck, actually.

Comment

So you won?

Comment

I worked deals for a couple new potential ones... notice the additions to my sig.

Comment

woke up this morning to rain...it froze, jumped in the car and drove (spun) on the wonderful almost snow roads.

Comment

did one side of my bg hub swap, and also mounted a little tach for the kl.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

replaced both cv's outer tie rod ends and lower ball joints no more death wobble anymore oh and i sprayed on some tire shine

Comment

Originally posted by trailrider098 View Post
                                Did u put plastic washers under and over the spring and the rubber o rings over the strut and under the coil sleeve?
                                You know I never got any of that with them. I picked these up from LN323GT as used. Well, if theres hardware missing, I might need to get in contact with GC or CS about getting the parts needed and maybe the instructions for a better understanding of it.

Thanks for bringing that up.

Ontopic, I found I need a new radiator. Mines 22 years old and is leaking from the top tank, so im taking my spare into Mack's radiator and having them refurbish it.
                                Mazda
                                1988 Black 323 GT
                                DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Working...
                                X