What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by faithle55 View Post
    Much to my wifes delight, i've finally removed the freshly built bottom end from our spare bedroom

Little does she realise the gearbox is on its way up there tomorrow
    Now THAT is a real manly man speaking!
    Scott F. Williams
    Team Director
    Usually Sideways Rally Team
    www.usrallyteam.com

Comment

Originally posted by EZRally View Post
      Very nice!
      thankyou

Can you fit 2 spares in there w/o touching the hatch or window?
      If i didnt have the Ex works Enkies, then yes, 2 normal wheels would fit no problem without touching the tailgate

What size cell?
      12 Gallon

My first rally GTX had something similar, but just one spare.
      My GTX rally car now has a "can" (per the rules here) around the whole fuel cell- very difficult and x-pensive.
      When I finished it will have the fire wall refitted like we had before which is OK with the UK M.S.A regs

I'll put up a pic sometime.
      That would be good

Comment

Originally posted by faithle55 View Post
        Much to my wifes delight, i've finally removed the freshly built bottom end from our spare bedroom

Little does she realise the gearbox is on its way up there tomorrow
        Dude, you have a death wish or something? LOL Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
          Dude, you have a death wish or something? LOL Good luck.
          Well she washes and grooms her dogs in my garage, so its only fair that I rebuild my gearbox in the spare bedroom

Comment

Parting out/Selling my white 323 GT project. Lots of good parts for anyone interested. Much rather see it go to one person for a rebuild. I really dont want to see this clean, dent and rust free shell get scrapped. SOMEONE Take IT PLEASE!!!
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Seems weird to be posting in this section, but I just bought this today:

Ill be picking it up after June 15th; I have to wait for the guy to get back from his honeymoon. Rust free 88 GTX, 12x,xxx on the clock, under $2000.
              Last edited by redheddude222; 05-14-2010, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Thats pure win there. Ide love to have that car.

On a second note, Drove the GT today for the first time in a while. Ive been hesitent to drive it since it felt a lack of power, and its a new engine, built and all. Kind of get sad thinking something is rong with my new motor. BUT, I tinkered on it today, had the hood off, and then headed over to a car meet. Didnt put the hood back on. On my way home, decided to try and break it loose. Got the RPMS to about 3k, turbo spooled to about 5 psi, and then hit it WOT. Car kicke me back harder then I remember it doing for a long time. Felt REALLY peppy. Dont know what it was, but it feels tons better.
                Also sounded alot better too. Had a nice high pich turbo whine all the way to 15 PSI. Normal that is.
                Mazda
                1988 Black 323 GT
                DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

pulled the motor to replace the slipping clutch and started installing my egt sunroof
                  12 cbr250r: daily ride
                  01 saab 9-3: daily
                  98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                  93L: money pit/ space waster
                  92GL: low and slow beater
                  90?: the rust free shell
                  89LX: swapping to rust free shell
                  89L: for sale
                  89L: parts
                  87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
                  76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

Well weve had a good crack at it today,

Bottom end and gearbox back where they should be !!!!!!

Comment

Change the alternator on my 323 gt with bpt. I didn't know that it would be such a hassle to replace. I tried removing it from underneath, found out that i had to remove the axle for it come down, this caused the oil from the gearbox to start running out of the gearbox, so I opted to remove it from the top. I had to pull the 2 little bracket pieces that holds the alternator to the main bracket, pulled the a/c lines (good thing the a/c wasn't working or that would have been a waste of gas). Doing this free up space for me to take the alternator from top. Good thing I am diy person, can just imagine how much a mechanic would have charged to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
                        Change the alternator on my 323 gt with bpt. I didn't know that it would be such a hassle to replace. I tried removing it from underneath, found out that i had to remove the axle for it come down, this caused the oil from the gearbox to start running out of the gearbox, so I opted to remove it from the top. I had to pull the 2 little bracket pieces that holds the alternator to the main bracket, pulled the a/c lines (good thing the a/c wasn't working or that would have been a waste of gas). Doing this free up space for me to take the alternator from top. Good thing I am diy person, can just imagine how much a mechanic would have charged to change it.
                        Congrats on losing your Alternator cherry. I find it much easier to remove the alternator from underneath the car.

Comment

Ditto. On a lift, Ive found you dont even need to pop the axle (I didnt need to on the ground either) and basically play it as a puzzle. Turn it just right and fit the right end around the axle, it will fall out.
                          Mazda
                          1988 Black 323 GT
                          DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Got to go for a fun drive on the mountain. Unfortunately, I noticed the volt meter reading 11V, then about 10 minutes later 10V. Time for yet another alternator. The old charging system harness is coming out and is going to be trashed.

I guess all this talk of alternators and such as been a curse.

On the plus side: The camber plates, Whiteline bars, the Pedders poly bushes, Dirtra struts, and worn KDWs really made the drive a hell of a lot of fun.

Comment

I wish I'd be able to come down the other weekend for the races... Would have been fun to run with you guys. I would have made Craig touge the Ruck.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                              1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                              1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                              1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                              1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

RX-7 Alternator getting picked up in the morning, then a quick stop at the JY for the bolt. If I manage my caffeine intake, I should have things done in time to go for a night drivey; must make certain the light won't dim, don'tcha know...

Comment

Working...
                                X