Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Phil what kind of BF did you get???

Originally posted by bgdriver View Post
    Not today but this week I trashed my #4 rod bearing. Pulled the engine, it was my first time ever pulling an engine, wasn't that bad. Engine is stripped and just chilling in the garage floor while I save up money for a new engine to put everything on.
    (S-10 chin spoiler) I am looking for one of those meself.

Here is some of the latest do's I've done.

The hood, Mx 3 bucket seats and leveled up with bolt couplers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by riverrunnernky; 04-29-2008, 10:34 PM.
    David
    sigpic Ky

Comment

The S-10 air dam might only work on the turbo bumpers as they are different from the n/a models. Not trying to get you to not try it... just warning you.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
        The S-10 air dam might only work on the turbo bumpers as they are different from the n/a models. Not trying to get you to not try it... just warning you.
        Okay, everybody... read carefully.... 808 is right (Gadzooks, it about hurt my fingers to type that). LOL J/K (just ribbing you 808, of course).

BUT, he IS right.... the S-10 air dam only works on the GT/GTX stock front end. It won't fit the LX/SE style front. Too bad it wouldn't fit the Isuzu I-Mark front end.

LN323

Comment

ah david, clever idea for raising the seat up. i like your idea
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I got my HLAs today. I'm taking my eBay head, the HLAs, and the upper engine gasket kit and hopefully changing out and ghetto-rebuilding the head this weekend. At least that part of the GTX can have parts still located.

I'm also waiting for the magical month so I can unload all the rare and $$$ goodies the car has so I can fund upgrading it. I have a Rod Millen bodykit (with original badge!), old school HKS EVC 1, HKS PFC F-CON, and some sweet amber-faced HKS gauges. I'll post a sell thread soon enough.
            Last edited by djcommie; 05-01-2008, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Are you doing a full rebuild or just the head and headgasket? It its just the head and headgasket, then you may want to consider the rings as well. too much compression may blow your rings out the bottom, its not fun. Just an idea, if your not, disreguard this. :D
              Mazda
              1988 Black 323 GT
              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by riverrunnernky View Post
                (S-10 chin spoiler) I am looking for one of those meself.

Here is some of the latest do's I've done.

The hood, Mx 3 bucket seats and leveled up with bolt couplers.

It's not strictly speaking a bf but it's a '92 capri xr2. B6T, g-series tranny, very very close mecahnically to a 323 gt just as a girly convertible with even less parts available
                Fast, cheap, reliable: pick two.

1992 Mercury Capri XR2 130xxx miles SOLD

1990 Honda Civic SI
                186k 10:1 hybrid motor
                d16 on 10 pounds will turn ya out.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                  ah david, clever idea for raising the seat up. i like your idea
                  It's like my idea except it costs money.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                  On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                  My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

^ sounds like a sweet plan are they new HLA's??? you know you can ultrasonically clean the HLAs to new right?
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Thank you Sirs....

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                      It's like my idea except it costs money.
                      Yes MazKid it did cost some bux, But I did not have enough of those nuts, so I went to the hardware store and got those things. There are the bomb to...with those throdle body bolts it's the best trick. Would be chepest to use the nuts but I didn't have enough.

Turpro also assisted me via cell to make sure I got the throttle body and not the intake. I'm still learning parts. Makes sence that the cable from the accelerator pedal would go to the throttle body.

Didn't want to go that far for just 4 bolts and be the wrong bolts. I would not have been a happy zoomer.

My BF is a daily driver again.

Thanks peoples.
                      David
                      sigpic Ky

Comment

I just bought a crazy bf SOHC/DOHC hybrid engine just for the head, and an airtex fuel pump as the transfer pump is probably dying.

Comment

^pics

Comment

I installed a front pair of Tokico Hp with mazdaspeed spring, new strut mounts & bump stops today.

Comment

Hello and Welcome to Cp...

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
                              I installed a front pair of Tokico Hp with mazdaspeed spring, new strut mounts & bump stops today.
                              So all your bumps and thudds now are gone like when you run over a twig in the road it sounds like the car hit the side of an IED?

bpt323 has advised me on new struts in the recent past, is the Tokico HP struts or what exactly is the HP?

Tokico has a Factory south of Lexington about 40 minutes away. The plant is big too. I've delvered freight to and from there many time when I hauled freight. It's a clean factory too.
                              David
                              sigpic Ky

Comment

Originally posted by bpt323 View Post
                                ^pics
                                I had already pulled the head, it had some weird cam name I can't remember, one was the b660 like the GTX, a7a or something

I'm more or less selling it super cheap. I'm going to toss it up in the for sale forum once I am here a month, I have some seriously cool goodies that might interest people.

I think the engine is a SOHC block with Capri pistons and head, and the BP crank...I can't really remember.
                                Last edited by djcommie; 05-07-2008, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X