No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had another good go today, Inlet gasket finally arrived this morning so full steam ahead, inlet back on the head, RX 7 injectors in, head back on, Gates timing belt and exhaust manifold and turbo on

Comment

Everything Looks Great! Did the same thing I did. Gates belt and CS gears. Great combo. What turbo setup is that?
      Mazda
      1988 Black 323 GT
      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Its a VJ 23 with a forge actuator to help hold the boost

Comment

Can anyone help me with my boost problem? Look in the engine drivetrain section to see what I am asking about. I really need help

Comment

dropped off my intake, valve cover, calipers, fuel rail, bypass tube, cast intake tube off to the powder coat shop for some refinishing. Black valve cover, stock gunmetalish gray on everything else (matches the body color). Found that a I have two stainless steel brake lines that will work for the fronts.

Hope the powder comes out as nice as faithless' blue stuff.
            88 323 GT - 03 Protege5 - 07 Mazda 5

Comment

broke this off of the top of the transmission today. anyone know what it is?
              Attached Files

Comment

Does your car start? That looks like part of your start system... I think it's the... reverse switch?

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

yeah,should start without it

Comment

Not if it's the harness i'm thinking it is. It's inline with starting system.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

yes it still starts, it sits on top of the transmission just behind the clutch arm, think it's the clutch arm.

Comment

i fixed the neutral safety switch i broke earlier after trying to start my car and got nothing.

Comment

That's what I was thinking.

Comment

Made a short shifter for my GT, then made 6 more which are for sale (shameless plug). check the classifieds if you're interested.
                            88 323 GT - 03 Protege5 - 07 Mazda 5

Comment

Originally posted by faithle55 View Post
                              Had another good go today, Inlet gasket finally arrived this morning so full steam ahead, inlet back on the head, RX 7 injectors in, head back on, Gates timing belt and exhaust manifold and turbo on

I don't recognize the intake (pretty rectangular). What's that from? It doesn't look like the JDM one which I would sooooo love to have.

Comment

That intake manifold is the jdm manifold, that is painted to match the valve cover. If u look closely u will notice the word turbo engrave on top of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X