What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
    That intake manifold is the jdm manifold, that is painted to match the valve cover. If u look closely u will notice the word turbo engrave on top of it.
    Really? I don't remember it looking like that (shape). Interesting. I heard it adds a little HP. I wonder if that's true? And, if it is ever available, does it bolt up the the existing tubular plenums below or does that have to be JDM also? Anybody know?

Comment

Its common place over here in the UK, I think all of the BF's have them

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
        Really? I don't remember it looking like that (shape). Interesting. I heard it adds a little HP. I wonder if that's true? And, if it is ever available, does it bolt up the the existing tubular plenums below or does that have to be JDM also? Anybody know?

detailed comparison pics. The JDM/EURO plenum is removable but is not compatible with the USDM manifold.

Opens up some neat avenues though to make a custom plenum like the BG GTX or whatever you'd want, I want to do a side entry B6T plenum
        1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
        1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
        www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
          http://www.werbatfik.com/jdmintake.htm

detailed comparison pics. The JDM/EURO plenum is removable but is not compatible with the USDM manifold.

Opens up some neat avenues though to make a custom plenum like the BG GTX or whatever you'd want, I want to do a side entry B6T plenum
          Holy crap. Nice comparison. I highly doubt I'll ever find one (JDM intake set-up) Unless I had some connection in Japan.

I have a front strut tower bar. I wonder if it would still fit with the JDM?

Comment

BTW, bought some intake components in anticipation of reworking my intake a little (improved design). Still looking for a hot-side to the VJ14......

Comment

My gt rolled over 200k on monday and I finally got the stiva running and driving today.
              12 cbr250r: daily ride
              01 saab 9-3: daily
              98 gsxr 1100: for sale
              93L: money pit/ space waster
              92GL: low and slow beater
              90?: the rust free shell
              89LX: swapping to rust free shell
              89L: for sale
              89L: parts
              87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
              76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

I fixed my boost problem. I am such an idiot. I didnt know that when you go to a vj-11, you have to clock the compressor housing. So she is at 10psi happily but I cant drive her till the lower radiator hose arrives today at the autoparts store. I cant believe that a lower radiator hose is not common in florida

Comment

You should have got one of the flexible ones and made it work
                  -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                  VF10 powered!
                  262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                  13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Holy crap. Nice comparison. I highly doubt I'll ever find one (JDM intake set-up) Unless I had some connection in Japan.

I have a front strut tower bar. I wonder if it would still fit with the JDM?
                    If it the Corksport strut tower bar you have installed, it will not fit with jdm b6t intake manifold as it is too high for strut bar to clear.

Comment

changed the water pump out which meant removing the timing belt. after everything was put back together, and timing set to 12 degrees with a timing light i have a weird back fire when idling down, i have changed cap, rotor, plugs and wires but still back fires. anyone have any ideas? was also wondering if the timing belt could stretch enough to offset the timing marks by 1 tooth. i have the crank set at 12 degrees and the intake cam lined up but the exhaust is one tooth over going counter clock wise. any ideas would be great i have been messing with this all weekend.

Comment

Picked up my 88 GTX over the weekend. Broke down 350 miles into the trip home. Starts and idles perfectly, but won't pull itself down the road. Turbo is like brand new, and cat is hollow. Can't figure out the problem, so it's living in the garage on jackstands until I figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
                          If it the Corksport strut tower bar you have installed, it will not fit with jdm b6t intake manifold as it is too high for strut bar to clear.
                          I did not get it from Corksport, but I do have the Cusco blue bar on front. I think you're right. I don't think it would fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                            You should have got one of the flexible ones and made it work
                            The only flex hoses that i found were too long and will not clear my ac compressor. I actually had to order one from the dealer because the parts store I ordered it from is ran by morons. They said that in order for my car to have the hose that I have, it has to be a single cam with a turbo. So I told them off.

Comment

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
                              I fixed my boost problem. I am such an idiot. I didnt know that when you go to a vj-11, you have to clock the compressor housing. So she is at 10psi happily but I cant drive her till the lower radiator hose arrives today at the autoparts store. I cant believe that a lower radiator hose is not common in florida
                              "Clock" the compressor housing? Throw me a bone here.... I'm about to throw a VJ-11 on this month.

Comment

"Clock" the compressor housing? Throw me a bone here.... I'm about to throw a VJ-11 on this month.
                                Hey Larry
                                Clocking the compressor housing is when you rotate the compressor housing so that the outlet changes position..

Comment

Working...
                                X