No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got mine to actually run again (got the car not running and got some injectors that were paper weights then left the car alone cause i was annoyed). nothing but an injector set swap to some reman ones, bam it starts and idles. high though

still need a lot of work to get it to a place i would consider it more as a "daily driver".

clutch, axles, dampers, alignment, tires, etc...
    88 GT - DD
    88 GTX - whore

Comment

Originally posted by redheddude222 View Post
      Picked up my 88 GTX over the weekend. Broke down 350 miles into the trip home. Starts and idles perfectly, but won't pull itself down the road. Turbo is like brand new, and cat is hollow. Can't figure out the problem, so it's living in the garage on jackstands until I figure it out.
      So basically it wants to die when you hit the gas peddle, or is it just feel gutless? Sounds to me like a boost leak. Best thing to do is go over all your intake plumbing and see if any clamps or hoses are loose. Also make sure your MAF meter is attached correctly. this will give you issues as well.

As so far as the backfiring coming down in idle (Other members concern), its hard to say if it is or not normal. Any chance of a video? I know with my motor, it only has almost 6k on it and when I down shift or let the engine drag the car down in gears, it will back fire a little bit. Not too un common.

Oh and Larry, txt, pm, or call me. Like I said before, I have a VJ14 hotside in decent shape. Already been cleaned and blasted. LMK.
      Mazda
      1988 Black 323 GT
      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Thx crazycanadian! It doesn't surprise me that you both know what he meant as well as help me out as you always have. Hope you are doing well.

I heard that if I were to use the VJ-11 with the elbow bend (first exhaust piece after the exhaust housing) that it's a direct bolt to the original downpipe. Is this pretty accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycanadian View Post
          Hey Larry
          Clocking the compressor housing is when you rotate the compressor housing so that the outlet changes position..
          Yes by doing that, it basically shortens the wastegate actuator rod so it wont overboost like it was doing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
            Thx crazycanadian! It doesn't surprise me that you both know what he meant as well as help me out as you always have. Hope you are doing well.

I heard that if I were to use the VJ-11 with the elbow bend (first exhaust piece after the exhaust housing) that it's a direct bolt to the original downpipe. Is this pretty accurate?
            I threw the whole vj-11 on the car without taking the downpipe/back housing flange off. It bolts right up. It is the same as a vj-14

Comment

Originally posted by Skuce View Post
              Lets get the ball rolling people!
              Yeah right! I have some modification with my BF by upgrading its energy suspension. :D

Comment

Just got a real 500"low mileage".southbend stage 4 clutch from a guy on the mx6 forum.Its from a 2.5kz something or another,going to pair it up with a miata flywheel and put it in the gtx,I recently dropped in a complete gtr into it.@#$in' thing hauls ass!

Comment

Arrived in the mail this weekend . .

Slotted rotors . . premium pads . .wheel bearings

She's going under the knife this week !

Comment

Nice. Are those stock replacements or Galant replacement front rotors?

Comment

Yea Larry

Galant rotors up front

Comment

Put a front lip on my isuzu bumper from a Buick LeSabre. Lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                          Put a front lip on my isuzu bumper from a Buick LeSabre. Lol
                          OOOO, I want to see.
                          1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                            OOOO, I want to see.
                            Me too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by turbojace View Post
                              Slotted rotors . . premium pads . .wheel bearings

She's going under the knife this week !

I love those rotors. I am looking a set for my car.

Where did you purchase those rotors?
                              What is the part numbers?
                              What size are those Galant rotors 256mm 0r 266mm?

Comment

my buick lip. kinda home depot-ish but betting than nothing.. looking at these pictures made me realize its a bit crooked so ill probably be fixing it today. lol

i dont want to do much more exterior wise. mainly finish my BG hub/suspension conversion so i can get some new wheels and tires.
                                Last edited by DeeAOne; 07-12-2010, 09:46 AM.

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X