No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, it's been a while since I have been on. Lets see what I have done. If anyone remembers the SE to GT conversion that I was doing with a friend, Well we finished it and the guy that we were building it for ran into some money problems so he sold it. The kid that bought it was running the piss out of this motor that only had about 500 miles on it and turned the boost up and blew it. We bought the car back for a fraction that he paid for it and now I have a vj11/vj14 hybrid. (vj11 front housing and vj14 back housing). I put that in and the car loves it. Just recently my tranny went out so I am putting the clutch and tranny in from the car we bought. That's about it. I am looking for some new rims too.

Comment

tried to tune mine last night(by the book) and it back-fired. Not literally there is a turbo in the way. But it was a misearble drive to work. So I re-adjusted the distributor and got er home to try again another day. Im really close, just dont think I have it perfect.

Comment

Installed speedo cable today. Needle bounce a little under 80km @ 80km n upward it is steady as the speed goes up.

Comment

Removed my cracked windscreen from the rally car, treating the rusty bits around the screen and painting those bits ready for the new one

Comment

I swapped out my tranny today. I didnt finish it though. Tomorrow I am getting my axle rebuilt and it will be back on the ground running

Comment

i replaced my shifter extension bar (shifter was dropped)
              ooooo whata smooothhh riiiddeee >.<
              1990 Protege 1.8L DOHC

Comment

Had my heater core just replaced along with older pipes and hoses. No more antifreeze smell in the car!

Comment

Larry.....I am surprised that you would have had that done...The dash comes out in 30 min. in one piece.
                  Clay

Comment

replaced my rear sway bar links and replaced the tranny fill plug, it was old and leaked.

Comment

Clay, funny you should mention that. I need to remove mine and fix a few problems. Scares the hell outa me to try it though, probably like it does Larry.

Getting ready to dismantle the white project GT for scrap metal. If someone is looking for a nice clean shell, PLEASE come pick it up! If you can use it, I will sign the title over to you (Clean title by the way) free and clear, you haul away. It IS just a shell though, missing a few parts including front suspension but has absolutely ZERO rust. Even the paint is still clean, and its original White!
                      Mazda
                      1988 Black 323 GT
                      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Pull out the console...there are 3 screws up by the windshield....one on each side of the panel behind the pop out covers.. take out the glovebox to get to the 2 in on the left side of the box..take off the steering wheel and drop the column...unhook the vent cables(3) ...2 nuts under each corner and 2 bolts down where the console was....lift up and pull back then look for the few wiring connectors that need unhooked...reverse to put back in.

Comment

The Dent Crafter guy is here now taking out the dings before I get one of the cars painted.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                            Pull out the console...HAVE A BEER there are 3 screws up by the windshield....one on each side of the panel behind the pop out covers.. HAVE ANOTHER BEER take out the glovebox to get to the 2 in on the left side of the box..HAVE A BEER, THEN take off the steering wheel and drop the column BUT FIRST.... HAVE A BEER...unhook the vent cables(3) DON'T FORGET THE BEER ...2 nuts under each corner and 2 bolts down where the console was....GRAB ANOTHER BEER lift up and pull back then HAVE ANOTHER COLD BEER look for the few wiring connectors that need unhooked...reverse to put back in..... BEER
                            Fixed that for you.

Comment

That's cuz you been in my garage...mine was the tea totler version....possibly needed for the first time GTX "mechanic"....but yes you are correct and I always appreciate your input and quick wit.

Clay

Comment

^lol

Finally drove mine to work and back without breaking something.
                                12 cbr250r: daily ride
                                01 saab 9-3: daily
                                98 gsxr 1100: for sale
                                93L: money pit/ space waster
                                92GL: low and slow beater
                                90?: the rust free shell
                                89LX: swapping to rust free shell
                                89L: for sale
                                89L: parts
                                87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
                                76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment