No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no the temp sensor fixed that and i also figured out my timing problem. the paint mark had worn off on the pulley so i was actually only advancing the timing to 8*. after remarking it i set the timing and it was fixed. so it was operator head space.

Comment

I really don't like how the timing marks are set on the pulley ( or on the timing cover ). I put some white touch up paint on both the pulley and on the graduated marks but the stupid pulley sits too far inboard to even see it. *grumble*

Comment

yeah it does. i continued the paint line on the pulley down the side a little which made it a bit better but i still had to get a crazy angle to see it.

Comment

Dropped a yellow top battery in the car. Looks good. Next project is to customize my spare hood for ventilation for when I relocate my oil cooler (put a bigger oil cooler on). Might be putting several vents and scoops in the hood. Should be interesting.....

Comment

Dropped my GT off at a local shop for them to change out the door hinges on the driver's door. The bushings and such are worn out so my door sags a little to the point of creating a gap at the top rubber seal. When I'm rolling down the highway I get irritating wind noise seeping through. I tired turning up the stereo, but the car just gets too loud after a while. Guess I'm getting old. Hope the new hinges fixes things. If not, I'll be replacing the door seal next which is a little pricey.

Comment

My rally car doors sag every couple years also- the body shop has a long tool and bends them back up so i don't have to mess w the hinges etc.
              Seems to get it close- but I don't have to worry about the NOISE!

Comment

Got my GT back today. Door is great.... no sag, adjust very well, but I still get a little bit of wind noise. Next I'm going to move the latch in a couple of millimeters so that the door must sit tighter against the car in order to latch. I won't move it in too much as it would make the "lines" at the seams not match up. Hopefully this will quiet the wind...

Also, went to the junkyard for the first time in a long time. Scored on a new front lip that I want to try out. I'm really excited. I'll tell you guys what car it's from when I get it on and take some pics so that you can tell me what you think.

Comment

I pulled my passenger side front brake caliper off yesterday to fix a seized slider. Got it working again, but I still need to take it back apart and clean up the caliper where the boot slides through. There was a lot of rust in there between the caliper and the boot causing too much friction between the boot and the slider pin. I got some of the rust out, but i need to get the car into the garage next week (too many cars in the way right now) so I can clean the rest of the rust out with my dremel.

I also noticed that my passenger side front wheel bearing is shot again. I just replaced these things 6 months ago and checked them 3 months ago and everything seemed fine. Maybe I just got a bad batch.

Comment

took the cover off the MAF and turned the wheel one click clock-wise. i have noticed less hesitation when accelerating after doing that.

Comment

Went to the Miata meet on Saturday. Took my car to the car wash and shot the crud out of it even underneath and in the fender wells. Knocked off a boat load of muck. Car seems much cleaner all around. Still have a leak somewhere such that rain water is getting in. Not a good thing when you live in Washington state. Gonna have to take it to a body shop and have them try to find it, I guess.

Comment

check there if its in the passenger foot well mostly. well maybe drivers if ur LHD
                        it rusts out behind the bulkhead/firewall you have to pull the dash out
                        Current Black 1992 GTR restoration project
                        Red 1992 GTR club car /resto project (on hold)
                        Ex Black 1993 GTR
                        Ex 1986 bfmr (GTX) two tone white over grey

Comment

I had to replace the weather stripping at both side air vents. The amount of water getting inside the car was insane.

Comment

The water that gets into my car collects in the footwell of the rear right passenger. I don't get it..... Thx for posting that link. I'll check there too.

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                              The water that gets into my car collects in the footwell of the rear right passenger. I don't get it..... Thx for posting that link. I'll check there too.
                              Exactly where it was collecting inside my car. Buy a roll of thick foam weather stripping, about 3/4" wide, adhesive backed, start tearing the dash out. The plastic part that you'll be sealing is attached to the firewall/ bulkhead. Seal up any and all other parts while there.

Comment

wahed it today.

Comment

Working...
                                X