No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems as I was mistaken about the hybrid turbo being as easy as i initially thought. Good news is I think my current turbo is fine, bad news; head gasket is blown.
    sigpic
    1992 Familia GT-X
    1988 323 GTX
    2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
    2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Years ago i swapped in a vj11 . that was utilizing the 11s hot side,if i remember correctly the cold side had to be reclockedthe waste gate was not the correct length.I recall cutting the actuator rod and rewelding it.
      I just don't remember if I added length to the actuator or removed a little bit shortening it.The downpipe is a wee bit longer on the 11 too.Can't see using the vj14 hot side being that much different.
      Hope its just a head gasket and not a busted ring land,seen a TON of hurt pistons.Head gaskets (especially oe or felpro)not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
        I too like the short distance you chose for the routing of the intercooler plumbing, BUT the one thing I hate most is the 90* silicon couplers, or any angled couplers really. I hacked up my core support (in a clean, structurally good way) to get around that even though I still have 1... Made a major improvement over stock for me.
        Great comments, so let's see how you routed your piping, sir.
        Scott F. Williams
        Team Director
        Usually Sideways Rally Team
        www.usrallyteam.com

Comment

Ky has a complete B6T w/FWD Trans needing a new home.

for details punch me a line.... I can deliver for some time.
          David
          sigpic Ky

Comment

My latest addition to the 200e. Post Office Red CAmCover
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00628-20111204-1852.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	323.9 KB
ID:	1229928
            mazda stands by you

Comment

Damned sexy too! I have a rear deck for the inside from a Tracer will it fit your 4 door hatch? Mine is very clean too. I neds a new home.
              David
              sigpic Ky

Comment

I fitted a custom Strut brace yesterday.
                At low speeds it was hard to notice the difference it made.
                But, there is definitely an improvement in the stability of the car through bumps & dips in the road.
                Also, the braking feel is better. The car handles very nice through high speed corners.

One downside on it though: I think it will affect my fuel consumption negatively.......
                mazda stands by you

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks, and Thanks for the offer but the car in the Profile Pic is my 1st love, Misty, but she was wrote off 7years ago.
                  I drive a sedan now. http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...m-South-Africa
                  mazda stands by you

Comment

new shoes for GTX #2

Comment

Nice wheels!

My GT is really pissing me off. I'm considering either selling it, or putting an NA BP in it. It's now burning oil like crazy. Piston rings. Engine #3 this year.

The headgasket i did last week fixed my coolant loss at least.
                      sigpic
                      1992 Familia GT-X
                      1988 323 GTX
                      2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost
                      2014 Civic Touring

Comment

Progress on #2

some nice company when away from home

it won't be long

Something about 2 Pantera's in the same shop

Comment

Comment

try again

Comment

I actually moved the cylinder head/intake /dizzy combo onto the "main bench" in my garage. Placed the Cometic gasket from Flyin' Miata next to it... straightened up the metric tool box and moved it over to the North wall of the garage...

Just need a couple other guys with some Ass behind them to help push the GT back in the garage to get the GT back to life weekend after next..

Poor GT toasted a head gasket 2.5 years ago, has set in the garage since.

Time to take it out and enjoy the cold Dallas Temps.

Rob
                              Last edited by TX323GT; 12-13-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Rob, you the same guy from the yahoo list that had the copper-colored B6T Tracer from a ways-back?

Comment

Working...
                                X