No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now I bought a new car for a daily. My 323 is retired from daily status. I got an 05 explorer so I can pull my civic to the track and drive to work. I went to the local carshow last night with 3 other 4 door gt's. I wish that I had got some pics but I didnt. My friend's 323 let him down last night and now has blow by. So now I am pulling his motor apart sometime soon. Anyone have some pistons?

Comment

New mods to the interior ...............

I installed 88 Tracer seats and an 87 RX 7 Steering wheel in mine this weekend.

Comfort sone!!

Zoomin in comfort!!
      David
      sigpic Ky

Comment

Bought her some new shoes. Looking good. Still rolling on the 17's

Comment

Tomorrow I'm going to look at a '89 Tracer. <100k, manual, no power anything. Body/interior are supposed to be clean. I'd rather have a BG, but if the condition is good enough and the price is right, I'll try the BF.

Any tips what to look for?

Comment

Well, Oil leaks are likely, 90 hp if that, Any rust, Brake condition, and anything else out of the ordinary. Its not a GTX, so theres no real list of things or problems to look for.

Yesterday I replaced my cam seals. First time doing Cam Seals. I hate Cam Seals.
            Took about 2.5 hours to do, and once I got everything back together, the car wouldnt start. Spent a half an hour trying to figure it out, bt nothing. Note to Self. Always check Order of Spark plug cables. Had them in perfectly backwords. Never done that before. I feel like a moron. Is it too late to pick up drinking?
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

It's ok Kyle... I hooked mine up with the right starting cylinder but then forgot which way the distributor rotated and went backwards.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
              1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
              1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
              1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
              1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
                Well, Oil leaks are likely, 90 hp if that, Any rust, Brake condition, and anything else out of the ordinary. Its not a GTX, so theres no real list of things or problems to look for.

Yesterday I replaced my cam seals. First time doing Cam Seals. I hate Cam Seals.
                Took about 2.5 hours to do, and once I got everything back together, the car wouldnt start. Spent a half an hour trying to figure it out, bt nothing. Note to Self. Always check Order of Spark plug cables. Had them in perfectly backwords. Never done that before. I feel like a moron. Is it too late to pick up drinking?
                Damn it takes me like 10 mins to do the cam seals. You dont even need to take the valve cover off for it either. I would rather do those seals than the crank seal but thats easy to do too

Comment

put a new boost gauge in a little bit ago. it doesn't light up though.

Comment

Originally posted by noshatch View Post
                    Damn it takes me like 10 mins to do the cam seals. You dont even need to take the valve cover off for it either. I would rather do those seals than the crank seal but thats easy to do too
                    Well, Cam seals on this where news to me. Book says basically take the valve cover off and the first cam bracket off as well. Take off timing belt, remove pullies, then pull the seal off. Then rtv the end brackets, and rebolt them to the head only after putting the new seal in. Reverse to put back together. Biggest pain was the timing belt. It did not want to go back on for anything, and typically im pretty good at timing belts. I dont see how its possible to do the seals without removing the cam brackets/braces/whatever you want to call them (the first ones) seeing as the seal fits snug and secured on the inside of them. They kind of pop in where they belong.

Anyways, and speaking of front main seal.... I just spent all day replacing the front main and re placing the oil pan gasket. Had a major oil blowout on my trip north to seattle. Eitherway, turns out that wasnt my problem. Sounds like the oil pump, which is what will now lead to a possible full rebuild. First one for this motor at just over 200k.Its been due for one for a while. My compression is 100 across the board, so she's a little tired. Wouldnt hurt, but im having to get a loan to do it. I dont have a spare 1500 sitting around, plus I want a warrenty. I dont think i trust myself enough to rebuild my only way of trasnportation. I have no problem rebuilding my project 323's motor since its been parked for years and when it does drive, it wont be my primary. Eitherway, Im rather stressed out about this, but I only hope this all clears up. Just had to happen while i was put to part time at work, and im looking for a full time job as we speak.
                    Last edited by FamiliaGT; 07-15-2009, 01:23 AM.
                    Mazda
                    1988 Black 323 GT
                    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Cleaned and flow-tested injectors came back today. You probably can't see a ton of difference in these photos, but they turned out really, really nice.

Work done by www.cruzinperformance.com for $16/injector.

Regards,
                      Joel
                      Attached Files
                      1988 323 GTX - Heavily modified

DJT Motorsports (Oak Park, MI) - like no other

Comment

Oh wow.. those are nicely cleaned up. Hah, are all 3 of those spare gear boxes good?

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

$16 an injector? Thats great! I know where Im sending my injectors for my rebuild. Better then 100+ at the local place here.
                          Mazda
                          1988 Black 323 GT
                          DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Originally posted by 808 View Post
                            Oh wow.. those are nicely cleaned up. Hah, are all 3 of those spare gear boxes good?

Actually, I probably need to modify that a little. One is definitely good. The other needs a 2nd-gear synchro. The 3rd is in parts with a blown center diff and a bad secondary shaft. It's pretty much junk, but the case is looks brand new.

So "3 gearboxes" is a stretch. Eventually, I'll have the 2 non-running boxes made into one good one.

Regards,
                            Joel

Comment

Ha!!!! I win! I have 2 good boxes and 3 bad ones!

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
                                $16 an injector? Thats great! I know where Im sending my injectors for my rebuild. Better then 100+ at the local place here.
                                And I have to say, Rich Jensen (the guy that owns the place) was great to work with. I could call with questions and he was always very friendly. Email response was very quick, too.

I'm actually rustling up a set of 195500-1650's (325cc 12.6 ohm injectors) to try in the car. As soon as I've got them, he's getting those to spruce up.

In case you're wondering, here's what you get for $16...

Regards,
                                Joel

Comment

Working...
                                X