No announcement yet.

What did you do to your BF today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so is there a down side to removing the dashpot?

Comment

Recieved a new toy in the mail today. Got my ProSport Premium Boost Gauge. Nice gauge with a stepper motor. Its all Electrical and stuff!!

David, hows those door panels and parts commin?
      Mazda
      1988 Black 323 GT
      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

If there is another throttle stop there shouldn't be a problem. My friends dsm doesn't have one or a throttle stop screw and the throttle body sticks shut all the time. You just have to stomp on the gas and itll come loose again but it gets old after awhile.
        12 cbr250r: daily ride
        01 saab 9-3: daily
        98 gsxr 1100: for sale
        93L: money pit/ space waster
        92GL: low and slow beater
        90?: the rust free shell
        89LX: swapping to rust free shell
        89L: for sale
        89L: parts
        87 conquest: dohc 4g64 swap underway
        76+80 vw dashers: for sale

Comment

Originally posted by bighed323 View Post
          so is there a down side to removing the dashpot?
          yes there is with a stock computer set up... With out the dash pot set proper the motor can be unsettled and stall when you let off the throttle... As the motor trys to find idle the computer can't compensate fast enough causing the motor to do some funny things when trying to find idle... Its mostly noticeable when you are in netural gears...

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
          If there is another throttle stop there shouldn't be a problem. My friends dsm doesn't have one or a throttle stop screw and the throttle body sticks shut all the time. You just have to stomp on the gas and itll come loose again but it gets old after awhile.
          the dash pot isn't a throttle stop.. all throttle bodies will have a proper throttle stop screw on them.. some are adjustable some aren't....
          Last edited by crazycanadian; 10-18-2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Installed my new Prosport Premium gauge today. What a nice piece of machinery!
            I also re installed all my door panels for the time being, and also painted my white Imark bumper to better match my flat black paint. IT wont stand out so loudly now. Its just a rattlecan job till I can afford a full new repaint. Plus, my motor will be ready for pickup tomorrow. I cant wait!!!!
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Picked up the new motor and boy is she a buet. All clean, with goodies in her and everything! Me so excited! Now, im going to have an install day this Sunday.
              Mazda
              1988 Black 323 GT
              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

you got another b6t?

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

Got a pair of tail lights for my 323 gt.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeAOne View Post
                    you got another b6t?
                    My second GT has been parked for years slowly being restored. I pulled the motor earlier this year and sent it in to get "built".

Keep Up! :D
                    Mazda
                    1988 Black 323 GT
                    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

So, this is where all you guys are hanging out! i tried loggin onto the mazda323performance.com website and it's like.... NOT THERE. At least I couldn't get to it. Whatever.... Let's see... It's been forever since I've been on this forum. In September, my GT got broken into and the dude tried to rip off my stereo. Did some damage but got spooked and left everything in the trunk. So, I paid good $$ and had a nice alarm installed as well as got my stereo reinstalled. Then, my car got hit in the parking lot last weekend. Shizzle! I can't win. Just got the estimate. About $700 but the guy's paying so I only have to deal with the down time of getting it fixed. Dented the hood, pushed the core support back a little. I might straighten the core support myself and go to the yard and get a hood and keep the rest of the money. We'll see.

Comment

So, it never ends.... I got the car back from the shop because my clutch cable snapped. Repair was about $250 but man... did they do a good job. My clutch pedal never felt better. It's awesome.

However, the exhaust leak is not my O2 sensor going bad. It's my exhaust mani cracking. Crap..... Replacement from the dealer is $430....

I'm thinking about custom building a replacement. We'll see. Familia.... I may need to borrow one of yours as a template to steal the dimensions wihle I have custom flanges cut and craft custom piping.

Comment

Corksport sell that B6T manifold for $253 brand new

Comment

Theres a cheap one on eBay right now in good shape.
                            1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
                            1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
                            www.werbatfik.com

Comment

Dang.... Thx guys!

Comment

took off the dashpot after looking at it for a bit, it was not even touching or should i say it was not doing anything. so it's gone

Comment

Working...
                                X