Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
    If your not too far off from stock engine and running gear, stick with the stock thermostat. Go to your friendly anal rapage dealership and ask for the stock b6t thermostat. After they ask for money, be sure to take them up on their limited time "Reach Around" offer.
    It's stock right now, but that will change.
    I think I might be having a stuck thermostat problem. I live in Northern AZ, right now the temp is about low 40'sF for the low and in the 70'sF for the high. I drive about 10 miles to work 5 of which are 75mph. When I get to work the temp gauge hasn't moved.
    When I leave in the afternoon it will go passed the second mark in about 5 miles of driving. This is where it gets kind of strange. SOMETIMES the needle will read in the middle of the gauge. Then after so more driving it will drop down to the second line again??
    Anyone else ever have a similar problem??

Comment

Yup, thermostat. Have you replaced it?
      Mazda
      1988 Black 323 GT
      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
        Yup, thermostat. Have you replaced it?
        I haven't. When I bought the car there was a receipt form a "Just Brakes" Shop, and apparently they changed the thermostat. It was dated just 3 months before I bought the car. If I go back in there I want to make sure I have the correct thermostat to replace it with.

Comment

Every wonder why they are called Just Brakes? I doubt they used the right thermostat, probably a generic one for a SOHC. If need be, just go to the Dealership, or call CorkSport in Vancouver WA. They got me the right one a couple years ago. They have access to good aftermarket ones, and just tell them its a B6T, and they will get you a good one.
          Mazda
          1988 Black 323 GT
          DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

I will give them a ring, Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X