No announcement yet.

picked me up a beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well hopefully this will start getting some work done on it as the car is finally drove to my warehouse and not sitting in the parking lot collecting DIRT ( i know i let it sit long enough) lol today was the real first drive i have ever done it. other than a MAJOR pulse in front brakes for about 1/2 the drive, it did pretty dang good for a 100 buck BEATER car. i ordered the cv axle, valve cover gasket with grommets so ill pick em up 2morrow and start cleaning it up. gonna make it look and drive as nice as i can within budget. then sell it for around 2500 bucks. (the goal is BOOST for my scort after it sells)
    Check out the Pics
    sigpic
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=228
    Mazda's Rule Honda's Drool

Comment

Well i started the clean up efforts of the 323 today (havent touch the interior maybe tomorrow) im AMAZED there isnt even the smallest speck of surface rust on this car i was over it with a fine tooth comb im really debating on selling it or not damn these clean cars
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 90prtege; 02-05-2009, 06:58 PM.
      Check out the Pics
      sigpic

Comment

Nice! Looks like mine!
        Last edited by LN323; 02-06-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

damn, that thing is CLEAN
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

That is begging to be modded. Vr4 brake upgrades,sway bars,stuts,springs....I'm forgetting something.....oh yea...bpt
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
              That is begging to be modded. Vr4 brake upgrades,sway bars,stuts,springs....I'm forgetting something.....oh yea...bpt
              I might eventually have a used set of Intrax springs and Tokiko gas struts for sale when I swap the coil-overs on. I'm a little worried. I heard (after I bought them of course) that the coil-overs give a really rough ride.

Comment

did the clean up of the insides today
                Attached Files
                Check out the Pics
                sigpic

Comment

I wish my spare would fit like that..

BTW ****ING CLEAN! Keep it and BPT/5 Speed swap!!

Comment

Originally posted by 90prtege View Post
                    im AMAZED there isnt even the smallest speck of surface rust
                    lets hope that doesnt mean its all sub-surface rust.
                    Next!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ver nice and clean!!!
                      If I can get a decent couple of days of nice sunny, and decent temp weather, Ide like to strip my car out and do a full yearly clean. Its freakin filthy.
                      Mazda
                      1988 Black 323 GT
                      DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by 5l1mm View Post
                        lets hope that doesnt mean its all sub-surface rust.
                        ive been under it THERE IS ZERO!!! wahooooooooooo lol not a drop of rust on it
                        Check out the Pics
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 90prtege View Post
                          ive been under it THERE IS ZERO!!! wahooooooooooo lol not a drop of rust on it
                          Wow, that's one clean car. Looks like a littel condensation on the inside of the rear window. That means you have some sort of small leak for water to get inside. I have that too. Wish I could track it down. If you find where your water's getting in, let me know!

Comment

yea i left the rear window cracked when i washed it and got the rear seat wet opps o well it will dry out
                            Check out the Pics
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X