does anyone boost the SOHC b6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bf323gtx View Post
    mmm different.. y not just bolt on a twin cam head $100 and turbo that...
    I thought everything I had read, implied the dohc heads wouldn't swap onto the b6? waterholes, bolts etc.
    Originally posted by bf323gtx View Post
    that manifold wouldnt flow at all. wheres ur cooler at ? time to invest.
    Believe me, the blower compensates for any anemic flow characteristics, if I want more flow, I just turn it up. As far as the IC goes, see the part about where I use it for "winter racing" and the meth injection system I have. Cost out computer controlled meth injection compared to a IC, then tell to me about "time to invest".
    Last edited by iceracerdude; 07-11-2009, 10:28 AM.

Comment

So what's the deal -will a DOCH head indeed function when bolted to the B6 block?

Comment

No, They're not compatible. The sad thing is someone asks that question once a week here...AND this post is over a year old...so you do the math.

Comment

Damn, I forgot I even asked this. Lol

'88 323 sedan, K-swapped..

'03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - miss it so much..

'01 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins - 323 hauler

Comment

That is INDEED sad Iceracerdude, but still not as sad as when members actually suggest to perform the mentioned upgrade. Anyway, I dig your turbo adaptation and have been contemplating if I could pull-off something very similar.

Comment

About three years ago I was building a motor from scratch that was going to be boosted. I almost finished but found the GT on craigslist. So, I traded my engine to crazycanadian for tranny work. I don't know what he's done with that motor though. It had a custom exhaust mani and a ported/polished head.

Comment

Working...
              X