Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My GT..With Many Pics! Old Timer Checking In.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exocet View Post
    This brought back a lot of memories of my 323 GT I had from 1988-1995.

Here are a couple of pictures to share:

It was a lot of fun to drive and occasionally blow away an unsuspecting victim. Other than the wheels and muffler, it was completely stock.

I sold it to some girl who was taking it to college in CA.

Still miss it.
    Wow..awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing, very cool that you were the first GT owner. I wonder what ever became of your car after you sold it?

Comment

Time for a front mount intercooler setup behind those huge vents in the bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by slownrusty View Post
        I wonder what ever became of your car after you sold it?
        I've wondered the same thing. Once it got out of the land of salt (spent 2 winters in NY), it would have had a better life expectancy.
        2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium Wagon, 3.0L DOHC (my daily driver)
        2003 Mazda Protege5, 2.0L (daughter's daily driver)
        2004 Ford Freestar SEL, 4.2L (kid's beater-mobile)
        2008 Nissan Titan SE, Crew Cab, Long Bed, 5.6L (hauler of stuff)
        2012 Camry LE, 2.4L (wife's daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by mazkam View Post
          Time for a front mount intercooler setup behind those huge vents in the bumper.

No front mount for me bro as I am retaining the air conditioning and the condenser takes up a significant mount of the room behind the bumper.

I have a new much larger side mount intercooler (larger than the Corksport one in the car) that will sit next to the radiator right behind the AC condenser, here's a quick pic of it:

Comment

Originally posted by Exocet View Post
            I've wondered the same thing. Once it got out of the land of salt (spent 2 winters in NY), it would have had a better life expectancy.
            Sadly the snow belt claimed many of these great cars. I lived in Toronto for 11 years and the salt literally decayed and destroyed my old Toyotas and Datsuns and that's with oil spraying them twice per year.

Comment

Nice intercooler! Let me know how the install goes; I found it hard to fit one with the stock Radiator, PS, and EDM lights. Maybe the Civic radiator will help.

Comment

I agree, having the more compact Civic radiator will definitely help. I sized this new intercooler based on the available space using the Koyo Civic radiator and should fit nice and snug. I spent hours and hours searching for the "right sized" intercooler and wanted to stay away from a custom built one to keep the cost down, a custom built one was going to run way over my budget.

Comment

How close is the headlight connector to that coupler? On mine, my I/C is tilted a bit so that it doesn't interfere too much with the connector, but it still touches.

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
                    How close is the headlight connector to that coupler? On mine, my I/C is tilted a bit so that it doesn't interfere too much with the connector, but it still touches.
                    Can you please post pictures of your set-up?

I have yet to mock mine up.

Comment

I'll try to get a pic in a day or so. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Comment

So modest.

Comment

I know you've probably had your horn tooted repeatedly, but I still got to say that your GT is VERY nice. Is that the Mirage Power intercooler off of eBay that you bought? And I probably missed it but, did you post the part number for the Koyo rad?
                          Last edited by geo323; 01-07-2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150110_145941.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	370.7 KB
ID:	1239240
                            The downside of going to EDM / JDM lights and using the Probe I/C is this - not enough room.

Yeah, I know what is happening, but it's going to stay this way until I re-install the front mount I/C. And that's not happening until I install the Civic radiator... and that's not happening until I weld in the Temp. Sensor Bungs... and that's not happening until I get a spool gun... See what I have to deal with?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20150110_150006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	357.7 KB
ID:	1239241

Comment

Maybe put the stock cooler back in so you don't fook up them EDM's.

Comment

Yeah... NO. I should just go buy a spool gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X