No announcement yet.

Yet another 323 GTX no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm okay. so if the car had a vacuum leak or a line just unplugged would it not start at all?

Comment

Update

so i was tired off looking at the car everyday buried in snow.
      this weekend i dug it out in an attemp to breathe some life in it again.

i gave the battery a boost, turned the key over...and it started right up!!!
      WTF!? dead cold first try it runs?

idled it for about 45 seconds then i turned it off.
      tried it again and nothing same thing as before.

I THINK it started because the cylinders were dry, no extra fuel.

then when i try again and again to start it, more and more fuel is added and is flooding it. plugs smell and are wet with fuel. however there is a good spark.

What am i missing?

Comment

It sounds like a TPS. Did you do a diagnostic on that cute lil item?
        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Any error codes?

Comment

Thinking more about it, I bet it's the keylock'/start switch. They are known to fail. If it started fine and ran, then you have fuel and spark and timing, and if you turned it off and tried to start it and it didn't wanna play, there's likely something wrong with the switch.
            Though your TPS error code sez check that too still.
            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.

Comment

i do have a CEL light on. how do i pull the codes and what do they mean?
              is there a wire i can jump like in 92-95 civics?

when i turn it over, it will sputter everytime it rotates. coming very close to catching but then nothing.
              could that still be the key?

i was thinking something stupid like a loose ground.

or maybe too much fuel???

if someone can give me some info on the codes ill check it out.

Comment

Download the manual from the ford laser site so you'll have a better understanding where the connector is, and the troubleshooting tables are definitely worth it.

Comment

Woot! its going in the garage today!
                  ill get started on checking those codes!

Comment

Alright code some codes today.
                    code 12. TPS. that could cause some problems.
                    code 25. FPR or something i think?
                    code 27. Another relay?
                    code 34. BAC valve. I think that could also cause no start?

The car has had the engine swapped out for a Jap crap one.
                    so i expect there to be some codes.
                    how can i fix these problems? or what would cause no start???

Comment

still does that thing were i can start it, runs for 20 seconds then shuts off. then cant start it for an hour or so.

Comment

Ugh, time to grab the FSM and go through all the wiring (get the can of electronics cleaner and something to clean the contacts) and vacuum lines to your solenoids. Adjusting the TPS isn't that hard to do, as long as you have the right tools: DVM, feeler gauge, beer, etc.

Comment

right on, thanks. ill give er a go.

Comment

Interesting...after checking everything and and trying to start it again the only code that shows is 12.
                            No other codes are showing up.
                            im going to test the TPS to see if its okay.
                            I have to 323's at the local wreckers, were could i grab one off of?

Comment

If the contacts inside that TPS are falling apart, no amount of adjusting will do anything, and the car will act as if it's posessed by Satan. Unplug the dern thing and see if the symptoms improve. If so you need a new tps.

Comment

Contacts looked good and it was getting proper voltage.
                                the boot connector looked a bit iffy.

If i go to the yard what could i grab a new sensor and cut the harness plug off of? there are no 323's

I guess the next step is to remove every wire, sensor and vacuum line and look in the manual and see where they go.
                                Either that or wire it up running a standalone ECU.

What should the fuel pressure be? 50lbs?

Comment

Working...
                                X