No announcement yet.

Yet another 323 GTX no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel pressure should be in that ballpark. TPS can fail internally, it's just a variable resistor. Pieces of it start to fall off. Then those chunks can part-short it. It'll die completely, you can cuss at it, and maybe later it'll fire right back up again...

I don't know if any other crossref sensors. THe best way to make sure yours is working is to plug a ohmmeter in it, and see if the resistance changes in a nice smooth fashion when you move the lever arm.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Rock Auto supposedly has them for $47; the pic looks like a generic example and not of the actual part. I would try there first, then ask on this, or the yahoo forum.

Comment

So im thinking of going another route.
        im planning on going further with mods to this car so im looking into standalone engine management.

No point of messing with it now trying to get it to start if im going to rip it apart later.

In your opinions which is the best system to deal with as far as installations and quality go. im thinking Megasquirt.

Comment

Haltech, Wolf EMS, Link, et al. Them's bux, though.

Comment

Woot! i got the bitch started!

plug order was ass backwards. Straightened that out then went to start it while my buddy rotated the dizzy. got closer the further we moved it away from the firewall.
            took the bolts out so we could rotate it 110* off of where it should be and it fired up.

took the timing belt off and set TDC. She fires up every time now!

not all good news though. went to put it in gear and didnt even move.
            theres no rear driveshaft in right now(for towing).
            but the front should still turn, no?

Comment

Originally posted by audi5000 View Post
              Woot! i got the bitch started!

plug order was ass backwards. Straightened that out then went to start it while my buddy rotated the dizzy. got closer the further we moved it away from the firewall.
              took the bolts out so we could rotate it 110* off of where it should be and it fired up.

took the timing belt off and set TDC. She fires up every time now!

not all good news though. went to put it in gear and didnt even move.
              theres no rear driveshaft in right now(for towing).
              but the front should still turn, no?
              If the diff lock is enabled, yes. I wouldn't drive it that way, but that's just me.

Re-install the prop shaft + drive = profit.

Comment

Working...
              X