No announcement yet.

4 door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to pick up a black gtx out in los angeles. probably gonna dolly it back to co, what would be the best way about going about to do that?

Comment

Remove the prop shaft. You'll still have FWD if the ctr diff is locked, just don't drive it around much like that.

Comment

No i would put it back on as soon as it made it to my garage. No driving around fwd for me. Thats interesting though you can lock the center diff with it off and it is drivable.

Comment

could i use a tow bar? or is that bad for the awd? trying to find a dolly but it would be easier to just use a tow bar

Comment

Hey, a little late here (just signed up), but I heard of this story over at fordfestiva.com. Good to hear good news coming from this one, that's a dangerous position to hit a bus.

Comment

Thats crazy you heard it over there. But yea we are super blessed to still be alive. I know it sucked trying to avoid it and just seeing so much of the bus left to try and avoid and knowing that we couldn't.

Comment

I just found your post on fordfestiva. I just joined there to post up on the thread but its not letting me yet...

Comment

the yahoo forums didnt really answer if i could just use a tow bar or not. I am assuming the only way to go any sort of distance would be to disconnect the driveshaft but even if I did take that out would it be ok to travel across country I dont know. I would like to get a dolly but its kind of a pain to rent one for so much and buying one isnt that cheap either, (more than the car would be) to rent or buy. ha

Comment

Wow man, like everyone else said I'm glad yous are ok. Thank God everything is ok with your wife and baby. I don't think I would be worried about anything else.

Comment

Thanks man we appreciate it.

Comment

Wow. Just read this post. Glad all of you are okay. Comb your hair next time before the interview to make your mom proud. Kidding..... Maybe you should name you child "Crash"? Just kidding again. Anyway, familiaGT had almost an entire 4-dr GT in the Portland area that he was going to junk. Maybe if he still has it, you could drop your motor in that? Good luck.

Comment

totally. thanks man i will have to look into that.

Comment

I have a gtx that im thinking of selling i just bought a 323 gt, i just finished rebuilding the engine. Im located in sothern california if ur intersted let me know.

Comment

i might be interested... im not looking to spend to much because i have a complete driveline already ready. what would you want for it?

Comment

Working...
                              X