mishimoto g line intercooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mishimoto g line intercooler

Got a"g" type intercooler for a really good deal,it has 3" in/outets that i plan on filling and welding in some 2.5" elbow(s).This Mishishmoto unit seems to be rpetty good.
    .Cause it like ways a ton!
    Its 24" wide inlet outlet which will bearly fit,too wide actually.They have the hieght at 11.75 including the welded "tower" studs.
    NOT! Its a good 12" tall.(less the studs)At that heieght I may need to remove the hood lock.
    It is very heavy and large at 3" thick.I hope it fits.
    Sorry no pics.

Instead of cutting off the 3" inlets and welding on 2.5" elbows, you'de be better off to just get some 3" to 2.5" silicon elbow reducers like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-90-...item1c0d2df938
    Tyler has spoken

Comment

Nah, I'm not fond of too many loose ends,rather it all welded up.Biggest problem for me is paying someone to weld all the pipes,it adds up for me.
      I think I may have to pull the hood latch and add some hood pins,which sucks for my **** box.
      Hate to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickz View Post
        Nah, I'm not fond of too many loose ends,rather it all welded up.Biggest problem for me is paying someone to weld all the pipes,it adds up for me.
        I think I may have to pull the hood latch and add some hood pins,which sucks for my **** box.
        Hate to do it.
        You won't blow off the couplers if you have beaded or rolled ends on the pipes and T-bolts clamps.
        Tyler has spoken

Comment

So, finally sent the intercooler out for welding,cept for oil,gas and water,have'nt spent a dime or time on the gtx.
          crap rarely take it out .I'll borrow a family camera and take a few pics.(if it fits) If it does fit I'm thinking I'll just chain the hood down, like the good old days.for awhile.

Comment

Heck,ya! Finally got it back from welding and it looks as if it's going to fit. Here's a couple of pics. of it test fitted,took a little bit of trimming on the rad support,but really not too bad. I did not test fit the rad fan yet,but it seems it"ll fit sandwiched between the intercooler and the rad as it was with the smaller intercooler.(got the orig. one from a dude here i think,drove a BMW.) Stoked.
            No bumper was harmed in this install.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1322.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	1237227Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1325.JPG
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	1237229Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1324.JPG
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1237230Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1323.JPG
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1237228
            Unfortunaly going to have to pin the hood,which sucks in my books.

Comment

Looks good, too bad about the hood pins though, anyway you could chop up the original hood latch mount and attach it to the top of the intercooler? I've seen that done on an older Evo, not sure if it's possible here though.

Comment

oh,thats an idea,thanks man.I dont think I'm going to jump on pining it too soon.I think I'll chain it down like thought I'd have to. Time i went to the j yard and got some ideas. looks like next to no room for a remote release,modifications i can do to some degree but I'm no wizard thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                X