1989 323 SE Parts Swapping "how do you guys know what fits?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 323 SE Parts Swapping "how do you guys know what fits?"

Hi guys I know this a total newbie question here but I still have to ask it.

My son just bought his first car and he's just getting started doing the resto/upgrades that he wants to do. My question is this, how do we figure out which parts from other years/models will work on his car? I see a lot of modifications on CP and people taking parts from donor cars in JY's etc. and I am wondering how did you know to look @/take that part? Is there some sort of cross reference chart out there or is it for the most part acquired knowledge?

This question came up last night while we were looking at exterior body parts trying to figure out which bumpers would be a bolt on, which would require some modifications and which just flat wouldn't fit. But I am sure we will keep bumping into this topic when it comes to suspension upgrades and more than likely an eventual motor swap.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    JM

There is no simple how to... Some of its reading past/present build logs... Some of it is going out to the junk yard and spending a day their ripping part cars and comparing parts that look like they might fit... Some times you can find catalogs that give you part demensions...

There are lots of way...

Comment

Working...
    X