1991 B6T TDC markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 B6T TDC markings

I can't find my crank shaft TDC notch/marking... I strobe my timing light on the crank and see the timing cases guide but cannot see the dot for the crank.
    Love my

1992 Protégé DX Totaled
    1991 Protégé LX SOLD
    1988 323 GT, 1.6 B6T 200k SOLD still on the road..
    1992 Miata Unofficial SE 76k
    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 101k
    1972 Monte Carlo

Those old crank dampers spin around...you might have to get a new one.

Comment

The true TDC mark is on the timing belt cog, it's a vee-notch. It lines up with the vee on the oil pump housing.

The ignition timing marks are on the edge of the harmonic balancer, on one of the pulleys. You will probably need to find it and re-paint it.

If you're setting the ignition timing, make sure the vacuum line is removed and plugged from the distributor, base timing is set to 12* plus or minus 1* with no vacuum advance.

Clay is right, sometimes they do spin if the damping material is completley shot.
      1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
      1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
      www.werbatfik.com

Comment

I took a look this morning I remember the V on the crank pulley I will have to try and repaint it.. My motor stumbles now after my 2.25 exhaust was put on.. At least once at every stop light.. Drops from 1k to 750 then coughs like back to 1k and runs fine.. I will set the timing and see if it helps..

Also when I tried this morning my idle did not drop when I unplugged the disty.. Stayed at 950-1k
        Love my

1992 Protégé DX Totaled
        1991 Protégé LX SOLD
        1988 323 GT, 1.6 B6T 200k SOLD still on the road..
        1992 Miata Unofficial SE 76k
        1991 Mercury Capri XR2 101k
        1972 Monte Carlo

Comment

Working...
        X