Anybody ever....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody ever....

Any of you guys try or heard of somebody trying to swap the B6T into a B2200? Has it been done? How was it done? Does the stock 5-speed tranny of the B2200 bolt up to the B6T? If not, which tranny might? Just curious. If it could be done, I think it would make for a pretty cool mini-truck.

no... the b2200 is a F series engine bellhousing I.E. F2/ FE F8 FE3 F2T etc. a much larger platform vs a b6(t)

if you want power. drop in a F2T or a kia FE3 it will bolt right up.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I've heard of F2T swaps before, Can't say that I've actually seen one though? Lots of Tq's from that motor so might be better as a truck, the F2 is indeed a truck engine anyways. If you have the 2.2L in there the turbo bits from a 1g probe/mx6 should bolt up if I am remembering right.

The Miata RWD transmission would allow you to bolt in a B series engine. I'm not sure if the bell housings can be swapped, but if that were the case that would be convenient
      1991 Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT AWD Bastardization/conversion
      1991 Isuzu Impulse RS Turbo AWD

Creator of the B6T Rocketchip
      www.werbatfik.com

Comment

2.3 Lima turbo I have seen in those trucks.

Comment

Never seen a b6t. .. have seen a couple f2t swaps though... The hardest part about it is the intake manifold. It faces into the fire wall...

Comment

Even the flipped manifold is an easy fix. Would take me less then an hour in the garage with stuff i already have to fab a flip adapter for the upper plenum. Easy peasy.

Like a few others have said, The Fe/F2 is a direct swap into the B2200's And is a vastly better basis to build on with more potential. It wouldnt make much sense to go through the added effort of installing a sub performing engine.
            ~PaTricK~

-Current car's-
            ~ 92 Probe GT Turbo, 90 FE3 Turbo 626GT hatch, 97 KL mtx 626, 05 Mazda6, 09 Kia Sportage V6~
            What are you driving?

Comment

Working...
            X