HELP, no power to anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP, no power to anything

Ok so the GTX has "suddenly" come down with the case of dead car.

--short version--

No power to anything, but new battery and Main fuse is good. Totally stumped. Also when I mean nothing works, I mean no hazard, brake lights, or head lights.

Longer version:

Monday night I went out to start the car after a late night at work, and go to start the car and nothing. ACC and On had power to radio and stuff, but when trying to start the car no power. Tuesday, I dropped in a new battery thinking maybe the old one wasn't able to handle the cold. But now no power to anything(check battery volts and it was reading 12.5X Volts). Thinking it was the ignition switch, pulled it cleaned it and put it back in with no change.

Totally lost. Any help would be great.

are you 100% your main fuse is still good?? how about any of the others under the hood? one of them gives power through the harness to the ECU
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

All 4 main fuses where removed from car and tested via my voltmeter.

Comment

did you test for power at the starter/alternator connections? do you have power from the battery there & at the one side of the battery fuse? but not the other?

you should have 12 volts at the starter relay wire when in the "start" position (grab a second person & check that too)
        why you have no auxiliary power radio/headlights/etc has me a bit confused.
        interior fuses are good too yeah?
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Starter.

Comment

Check the neutral start switch on top of the tranny as well for a broken wire and for continuity.

Comment

I swore I updated this last night =/

I found the issues, cleaned my main battery ground and the battery terminals and bam the car came back alive. Normally I am use to seeing noticeable crap on the terminals but mine looked clean. *Shrug* Either way all good now.

Thanks guys.

Comment

glad you figured it out!

Comment

Working...
                X