speedometer drive gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedometer drive gear

Did lots of searching and found lots of info on how to confirm if it's my cable, lower cable, or drive gear. I have confirmed that the drive gear in the trans isn't spinning. I have a parts car that works how has everyone taken that drive gear out? Both have the single bolt loose, but it's stuck good. Both are 88 gtx's. I'm hoping to make it to a car show this weekend. Thanks all for info.

PS how do you get this forum on Tapatalk can't find it on there.

I have both soaking in pblaster at the moment.

Comment

Maybe I was mistaken on what this part is called. I have seen it called the speedometer sensor which in my opinion would be electrical not mechanical anyways. I have successfully removed the one from my parts car unscathed. The one in my keeper car doesn't want to be removed. I tried twisting it back and forth with some vise grips and ended up breaking the threaded part off. They little than where they mounting bolt holes is also broken off. Any suggestions on how to proceed with removing it in car?

Comment

Is it possible to get a pic of what's left to work with?

Comment

Definitely I'll get a picture or two this weekend.

Comment

Sorry irishkev90 with the subsequent blow up of the center differential I have to pull the transmission now anyways in which I can fix it properly then.

Comment

Working...
            X