Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilt 4WD Gearebox

and i have no 5th or reverse.

Input shaft was leaking bad, so decided to to crack the box open and replace it, and while i was at it replace all bearings.

Got the manual, obviously not followed it too the book, ( no special tools and sorting the bearing pre-load etc). Just changed all bearings and seals, put the box back together and thats where i am.

Really need some info from someone who has rebuilt these and know these in and out.

I have rebuilt two of these. Both were successful, however it was quite a few years ago.

I rebuilt mine without any special tools as well, and when doing a simple bearing replacement with Mazda sourced parts, syncros and any misc worn hardware, it should all go back together and work as intended.

Do you have 5th gear now after your rebuild? What was the issue there that fifth and reverse were not working?

What other information do you need now that you have it back together?

Comment

I had two B6T boxes, both the same, but not completely tho. One has longer shafts, and 5th and reverse gear are slightly different. So decided to build one good working one out of both of them using the least worn parts. Turns out the reverse shiftgate and reverse idle gear shaft are also different length wise. Thats where i went wrong.

Its back in the car and all working now, live and learn u suppose.

Now i just need a front diff so i can rebuild the other box as the one from that had chewed itself to bits.

Comment

Working...
      X