No announcement yet.

newb buying a gtx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok not taken. were not that far along anymore cause we pulled the harness to go through it and fix any shorts. so now its not really hooked up that far. we tried the injectors with the ignition on and while cranking. the ecu should be fine we used it with the motor that blew.

Comment

Were there any b6t's that came with the intake not going over the valve cover but to the side? I know thats how the bpt's looked but were there any b6t's like that? If not, were there any there any model cars in usa that had bpt from the factory? I might have come across a little gem, it has bp stamped on the engine also. it looks like the bottom picture in this which is a bpt http://www.cardomain.com/ride/293940...-mazda-protege if it is perhaps a bpt what would i need to run it in my gtx? do i need to pull the wiring harness? and or ecu?

Comment

No BPT came stock in any car in the US. There is a B6 from a MX-3 that had the intake routed more like a BP did. But nothing turbo.. do you have pictures? It sounds like a BPT.

EDIT: which cam is the dizzy on? Intake or exhaust? BPT has it on the intake and B6T is on the exhaust.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
        1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
        1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
        1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
        1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Trevor had a B6ST, IIRC. It looked exactly like a BPT, but it was 1.6l. I think he got the engine from Malaysia, or some stuff like that.

Comment

i think the dizzy was on the exhaust side. i could be wrong i got pictures of the wiring and didnt get one of that. STUPID. anyways could it be a b6t with the different intake mani?

Comment

correction on that. all the bpt motors i see online have the dizzy on the exhaust. and my b6t has it on the intake, did you mean the other way around? on this engine it also has prob about a 3" downpipe coming off the turbo welded into a cat haha its nutty.

Comment

Yeah he got it backwards. BPT dizzy on exh side, B6T dizzy on intake side.

Comment

ok, on the first page, somebody mentioned that there is a seperate oil section for the center diff.
                  so are you saying that the tranny has 2 spots to fill up?
                  does the BG gtx have this same setup?

Comment

Originally posted by BGfamiglia View Post
                    ok, on the first page, somebody mentioned that there is a seperate oil section for the center diff.
                    so are you saying that the tranny has 2 spots to fill up?
                    Yes. If you have the shop manual, I believe section 7C covers it, and the Tech Data section will show you how much fluid to put in. 0.5L of 90W is what I recall. There is a drain and a fill plug, and you'll need a hand pump of sorts to put the fluid in. Lots of fun if your exhaust is next to it.

Originally posted by BGfamiglia View Post
                    does the BG gtx have this same setup?
                    No idea.

Comment

where can i get a manual? So im quite sure this is a bpt. has bp stamped on it looks like a bp. should i grab the wiring harness also or will my stock gtx wiring harness run it? also i have the analog dash from it and my gtx has the digital dash, is it plug and play or do i have to re wire to use the analog dash? Does anyone need any parts of a gtx? i hate to see this thing get crushed without at least getting gutted, dont worry i tried my hardest to buy it. no shot.

Comment

People have downloaded it from the Ford Laser site, try searching these forums for a link. You'll have to be registered to download it, if it's still available.

I also believe that you can get a BG GTX manual from there as well.

It's been a long time since I've visited that site, but you should give it a poke around.

You can use the BF GTX wiring harness and sensors, et al. You can find Greg Downing's write up on his BPT transplant on the yahoo forum. He is (or was) running the BF GTX's wiring harness for his setup.

Comment

He still is. I'm almost certain he's running a BPT with a GT28 with a B6T electronics and an Fcon.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                          1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                          1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                          1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                          1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

really so its that simple? i can use the same wiring harness and my chipped ecu? i might pull the wiring anyways cause its probably a lot less ghetto than mine. anyone need the ecu?

Comment

got the wiring the engine the tranny the ecu. probably sell some of it if anyone needs anything?

Comment

can i use the wiring harness from the mercury capri xr2? it seems to be my cleanest harness right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X