No announcement yet.

Rear Brake Calipers (need advice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i have been busy doing other things on the gtx, but i tipped the car back over on tue, so now the whole bottom is epoxyed and dry, so now back to the whole brake upgrade ans spacer issuse.
    i have a spare hub coming that i will turn down(machine down) and test the preload on each knuckle, what/how do you guys suggest i test preload on the wheel bearings, fishscale??

i have to order all my parts still so before i go buy the stuff......

is there only 1 size of galant rear rotors? cause all the local parts stores only have one size in the rear for a 89 galant..

also the 929 m/c should have a 1 cast into it right, also no abs 1991 modle?
    Last edited by ryan1; 02-04-2010, 11:05 AM.
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1 View Post
      well i have been busy doing other things on the gtx, but i tipped the car back over on tue, so now the whole bottom is epoxyed and dry, so now back to the whole brake upgrade ans spacer issuse.
      i have a spare hub coming that i will turn down(machine down) and test the preload on each knuckle, what/how do you guys suggest i test preload on the wheel bearings, fishscale??

i have to order all my parts still so before i go buy the stuff......

is there only 1 size of galant rear rotors? cause all the local parts stores only have one size in the rear for a 89 galant..

also the 929 m/c should have a 1 cast into it right, also no abs 1991 modle?
      anyone?
      5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

My brake m/c has -1"- stamped on the end. I put the info in the yahoo database.

azgtx posted the rotor p/n and size on this forum, and the yahoo forum, a month back.

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
          My brake m/c has -1"- stamped on the end. I put the info in the yahoo database.

azgtx posted the rotor p/n and size on this forum, and the yahoo forum, a month back.
          all the 1991 929 m/c i seen listed are 7/8, i have seen 92's that have a 1" bore.
          according to the yahoo group the part number is HG30-43-400D, i have searched that with no luck also.
          5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Honestly, I haven't messed with the MC since I installed it in 2004, so don't hold me to this. I honestly don't know if the exact Model Year is 1991 or the 1992-1995, or whatever; all I can tell you is that it wasn't hard to find at all.

I entered "HG30-43-400D" in the yahoo GTX archives and found these:

I entered "HG30-43-400D" in to the Rock Auto website, and came up with nothing. I entered the Wagner P/N:
            Wagner - MC128162 1992-1995 929 $150

I entered P/N HG30-43-400D the Mazda site, and found it for $150. However, I did this via the P/N search. I couldn't find any listing of 929 models in the 199X range. Maybe they have less of a demand for the 929, compared to the GTX?

Comment

o.k. thanks, i will go with a 92 no abs 929 m/c

now for the booster, does it need to be a 95-98 one
              or would a bg 90-94 one work? any advantage either way?

also does it really matter auto or man. trans booster?
              5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

The brake booster was used in a lot of different models, so I couldn't tell you. I know that one person got one from a Miata, another from an MX-3, another from some other Mazda that I wouldn't have considered looking at, and then I got mine from another car. IIRC, you'll want the Auto-tranny booster due to the way the vacuum line is routed.

If you're feeling frisky, you could cross-check the P/N and see which vehicles used that particular part.

Comment

on the 929 m/c is the elec. connector different than the gtx one?
                  5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Nope...you have to splice on the BF connector. No sense using the 7/8 MC. I find 1" MC's all the time in the yards here. My Booster came from a 95 626. The only issues with the booster is it has to mate with the MC. I even used the ABS MC with no proiblems.... maybe that is your problem with the 7/8" bore.
                    Clay

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                      Nope...you have to splice on the BF connector. No sense using the 7/8 MC. I find 1" MC's all the time in the yards here. My Booster came from a 95 626. The only issues with the booster is it has to mate with the MC. I even used the ABS MC with no proiblems.... maybe that is your problem with the 7/8" bore.
                      Clay
                      so the connecotrs are diff., i just got a 929 mc was from a 11/91 929 no abs according to the j/y that sent it to me, and the elec. connector is diff than the stock bf 88 gtx 323 one.
                      5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

yes...you have to splice the BF connector on to it...is it a 1" bore...how much did you pay for it?
                        Clay

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                          yes...you have to splice the BF connector on to it...is it a 1" bore...how much did you pay for it?
                          Clay
                          40 to my door
                          5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

i went to the j/y and got a 95 protege booster, its bigger than the stock one, but not as deep/thick, maybe this one is off a man. tranz protege and not a auto, but it does not look like much of a upgrade over the 323 one, i did see a 90 626 booster that look pretty big, maybe i will take this one back and get the 626 one, anyone running a 1st gen 626 one?
                            5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Does the booster look EXACTLY as the one shown on this page?

Comment

too me mine looks thinner, also there is a spacer on the back of mine were the 4 bolts mount it.
                                5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Working...
                                X