No announcement yet.

Rear Brake Calipers (need advice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also on the 929 mc, there is a black cylinder/tube protruding from the mc, on the stock 323 one there is not one, so do i just adjust the booster pin, or ????
    5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Post pics of both boosters

Comment

Ryan..the reason we have to change mc's is solely for the fitment of the 929 MC. The 929 unit has to fit inside the booster unlike the stock pieces. There is no booster upgrade really...the MC does all the work. So what ever booster you find to fit the firewall and the MC will work. This is my take on when I was searching for parts to fit. Follow the instructions to the tee that Terry sent to you and you will have no problems. Why try to reinvent what already works great.
        Clay

Comment

Pardon my typing.. the first sentence should read: the reason we have to change BOOSTERS is solely for the fitment of the 929 MC

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
            Ryan..the reason we have to change mc's is solely for the fitment of the 929 MC. The 929 unit has to fit inside the booster unlike the stock pieces. There is no booster upgrade really...the MC does all the work. So what ever booster you find to fit the firewall and the MC will work. This is my take on when I was searching for parts to fit. Follow the instructions to the tee that Terry sent to you and you will have no problems. Why try to reinvent what already works great.
            Clay
            thanks, so the booster is purely just for fitment of the 929 m/c.
            i went back and read that your running a 95 626 booster, is it a spacific one, ie 4cyl or 6 cyl, auto or stick,ect?
            who is terry??
            thanks
            5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

The motor/tranny on that car was gone...I dont think it matters. The 929 M/C slides into the back of the booster rather than just bolting to the back flush.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                The motor/tranny on that car was gone...I dont think it matters. The 929 M/C slides into the back of the booster rather than just bolting to the back flush.
                i took the 95 protege one back and got one from a 98 auto 626, looks like it will work.
                5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Ryan..these are my spares..I used the same stuff on my GTX. The MC has a 1-1 stamped on the front...hard to see.
                  Clay

Comment

thanks for the pics,
                    also what rear wheel studs do you guys use, i hear b2200,miata,mx-6,protege?
                    5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

does the wheel stud knurl have to be the same, or just close to the same?
                      5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

Just match them up...take one of the hubs with you to the store.

Comment

can you use the stock(GTX) rear soft brake lines with the miata cal?
                          5 boosted bp cars,why...

Comment

How far did you reach with this setup ryan1?

Comment

Originally posted by ryan1 View Post
                              thanks, so the booster is purely just for fitment of the 929 m/c. i went back and read that your running a 95 626 booster, is it a spacific one, ie 4cyl or 6 cyl, auto or stick,ect?
                              In my experience it's a lot easier to find a Miata brake booster than anything from a 626, Protege, MPV, or other sources that I've seen recommended. The 2001+ Miata (with sport brake package) is the perfect specimen and is also a bit smaller than other options. So, it does less assist. Combined with a bigger MC it gives a more linear feel which is a great thing for modulation at the limit.

I source these things fairly regularly for my rally team. If you need one, just hit me up. If a part was available on a Miata or RX-7, we've got the goods.

Cheers,
                              Scott F. Williams
                              Team Director
                              Usually Sideways Rally Team
                              www.usrallyteam.com

Comment

Working...
                              X