No announcement yet.

The Skinny on Brake Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right on. Lets say it's undisclosed. If you want to lookup prices be my guess, but I've thrown way too much $$$ at this project and it's the last thing I want to be reminded of.

If you look at what similar 4 piston brake setups go for, I think you'll find them in the $4000 range for all 4 corners.

Thats 4 rotors,4 sets of brembo floating drive pins, 4 custom hats, 4 custom brackets, 4 calipers, 2 sets of brake pads, bias adjuster, MC, booster,Braided lines, high temp brake fluid, paint, coating, and anodizing.
    Last edited by pikespeakgtx; 02-19-2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jay View Post
      Just heard back from him, his conversion involved fwd hubs, saab 9000 rotors, Wilwoods in front and rx7 calipers in back, a lathe, and a milling machine.
      Here's pics of the setup JVL made for Derrick Bottles old car. He uses those saab rotors front and rear. He made concentric rings in the lathe and pressed them into the rotors so you don't loose the concentric hub feature like you do with the gaylant upgrade. He's using old wilwood superlites up front and RX-7's out back.

Here's a pic of the bracket you'll need to fit the RX-7 calipers. Notice the spindle must be modified.
      Attached Files

Comment

One more of the RX-7 caliper bracket dealie-o. Scary.

or you could do it like in the second picture. Really Scary!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by pikespeakgtx; 02-21-2009, 08:03 PM.

Comment

thanks for the info
          cheers
          88 323 bf (parts)
          88 gtx (project)
          88 gtx (project)
          91 323 lx (sadly sleeping in the snow)
          94 toyota pickup (not happy)
          05 mazda 3 (DD)
          91 mustang w/ 351w (sold)

too many projects

Comment

That 2nd pic is gonna keep me up nights, in a cold sweat. Thanks, NOT, fer sharing...gad

flat over crest into triplecaution hairpin R exposure outside WTF MY CALIPERS JUST PASSED ME
            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Working...
            X