Brake issues/possible brake upgrade, what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake issues/possible brake upgrade, what to do

I've looked around on here and other places for info on what to swap on to my 88 GTX to get some easier brakes to source. i cannot seem to find a good list of what you need and what needs to be done, just bits and pieces here and there, i've seen 626 braks, mx-5 brakes, other protege brake. honestly i'm a little lost on which one to even go with at this point. does anyone have any insight on this?

right now its 100% stock and the brakes need to be done, the pedal is super soft and i'm not sure i want to try and fix the worn out stock stuff.

please guide me oh wise ones!!!
    2018 STI | Stock DD
    1987 RX-7 Sport | Full BP
    1988 323 GTX | constant work in progress

well we went through them today, the fronts are just fine, nothing needing to be done, bled them out and they are good. the rears need replacing so i'll be ordering new stock calipers since i was unable to find the info i needed to swap them

good news is i'm going to do rear calipers, pads and rotors. and shocks all the way around so it should make a huge improvement to the car before i even get it on the road.
    2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

Go here:

The same info is on the Yahoo forum, the posts go back 20yrs. You'll have to dig into the tabs to find the database of you want specific part numbers.

The same info is on the face book page, under the links tab.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
        Go here:

The same info is on the Yahoo forum, the posts go back 20yrs. You'll have to dig into the tabs to find the database of you want specific part numbers.

The same info is on the face book page, under the links tab.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
        Thanks, I already ordered everything for the brakes and have a stock master(new) if needed. but i am interested in this for the future. how do i get to the yahoo group? i've never used those

scratch that, i found it i think and requested to be added
        Last edited by skurge; 06-26-2019, 06:00 PM.
        2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

is the yahoo group still around?? i used to be part of that mailing list group
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
            is the yahoo group still around?? i used to be part of that mailing list group
            seems to be yea, i requested access and got approved, looks like a lot of info but all but impossible to sort through it lol
            2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

It is still active but no where near what it used to be when it and the M323 performance group were rolling, before it's demise. Just a handful of members posting on yahoo and still has some of the old timers.

Clay

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                It is still active but no where near what it used to be when it and the M323 performance group were rolling, before it's demise. Just a handful of members posting on yahoo and still has some of the old timers.

Clay
                yea i've got to do some searching around on there, sure i'm going to have a ton of questions eventually
                2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

well aint that something
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                  X