springs, uh oh....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

springs, uh oh....

so in the process of taking everything apart on the rear of the GTX, the top of the springs are broken. i cannot find any that are actually for the gtx as they are harder and larger diameter than the gt. does anyone know of companies that still make springs for the car?
    2018 STI | Stock DD
    1987 RX-7 Sport | Full BP
    1988 323 GTX | constant work in progress

after a ton of searching the only thing i've come up with are some ground control coilovers, question is should i go that route
    2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

Originally posted by skurge View Post
      after a ton of searching the only thing i've come up with are some ground control coilovers, question is should i go that route
      Absolutely if it keeps it on the road!

Comment

well, have a set of ground control coilovers on the way, bad news, is the upper mounts are pretty shot and getting crusty. literally no companies make these anymore might have to just make some plates out of steel to mount in there.
        2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

well as of today ive found 1 brand new rear upper mount and 1 used rear upper mount, they will be on their way to me soon, then its time to put this pile of parts(more like whole car full of parts) on the car
          2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

Sounds promising. What do you mean by upper mounts? The folded caps spot welded into the strut towers ?

Comment

Originally posted by atomant48 View Post
              Sounds promising. What do you mean by upper mounts? The folded caps spot welded into the strut towers ?
              the top hat for the strut/spring assembly, it bolts into the strut tower. deal fell through, he only was able to find one, so i'm back to looking for other options.

as of right now it seems a set of custom top hats, with stock shocks that have been modified to fit mr2 inserts will be what i'm going to try and use. this car has been one hell of a project so far
              2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

tough luck :/ are there any coilovers that can do the trick?
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                  tough luck :/ are there any coilovers that can do the trick?
                  yep, funny enough they will be getting delivered on friday, set of ground control with eibach springs, new.

i'm talking with a guy that has the above setup with the custom top hats so i'm probably going to try and pick those up, and just swap in my new coil setup. gotta wait until payday as this car is bleeding me dry at this point

i'm really debating just putting the car back together this weekend without new shocks or top hats(the originals are ok to use, but they are fairly rusty) just drive it until i get the new shock setup in, well not drive it but drive it to my buddies so we can start the rust repair on the floor
                  2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

well got the rear shocks mounted, they are stock bottom tubes modified to fit mr-2 inserts. custom upper mounts with camber adjustment. threw on the ground control coilovers and everything seems to be good, we'll see how the ride height is as soon as i can get the wheels back on it lol

as of now i've got the bearings mostly replaced, just the one bearing is stuck to the hub so my buddy took those home to work on.
                    2018 STI | Stock DD

Comment

Working...
                    X