X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sucks I didn't get to finish the mounting bracket like I wanted to

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
    HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
    Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

No worries, I appreciate the thought though, it came out beautifully, fit like a glove. Despite the fact that if its the EBC causing my part boost BOV issue, in which case the EBC will be gone, obviously, it's always okay to have extra vacuum ports when you need em :D
      '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Pics of finished products:

New BOV line going to the vacuum block:

Vacuum block close up (too bad you can't see Jinx's nice custom bracket too well :/):

The stock BPV line is now connected to the EBC (which will most likely be gone soon because I'm fairly sure it's the source of my problem):
        '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

**** design running over the valve cover. whats the point in heating the charge even more. stupid. but alas. much much better then OE
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
            **** design running over the valve cover. whats the point in heating the charge even more. stupid. but alas. much much better then OE
            where else could it be? theres no possible way to relocate it. They didn't have any choice. lol
            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
            VF10 powered!
            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

ONly heat up not to much i would think. Since its whats coming from the turbo. Then goes down, Gets cooled by FMIC. then back up to Thottle body. All while all hot exhuast gases are on the back fo the motor now, Instead of the front.

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                There really is no other route for me with the rear turbo setup as it is. No room underneath and the alternative is diagonally over the valve cover instead. Looks cool though xD
                '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

They left very little room for any improvement without having to completely gut the engine bay.

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                  HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                  Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

You could run it underneath but it requires a lot more piping. Keep an eye on the FMIC pipes rubbing on the driver side frame. I like your vacuum box - does boost hold any better with the HKS valve?

Comment

Just checked out everything up to this point, Nice work man!! cant wait to see how this puppy comes along!

Comment

Originally posted by Lex View Post
                        You could run it underneath but it requires a lot more piping. Keep an eye on the FMIC pipes rubbing on the driver side frame. I like your vacuum box - does boost hold any better with the HKS valve?
                        Yeah, the route this takes is a lot of piping to begin with, i'm not too keen on the idea of having an even longer piping solution just to eliminate a small hot area.

Yeah, I addressed this with a strap of silicone ziptied over the pipe... I need to get down there and straighten it out thought I don't think it's quite on the spot it needs to be, but I'm well aware of that problem. I also need to get a shifter weight because the stocker is big and also rubs on the cold pipe a tad bit.

Holds boost fine under WOT with the HKS valve but I believe the ECU doesn't like the GReddy EBC because I have a funky spool up problem where unless Im going WOT the BOV releases the air when I'm still on the throttle under part boost.

Originally posted by Sleezer1533 View Post
                        Just checked out everything up to this point, Nice work man!! cant wait to see how this puppy comes along!
                        Thanks man! Always something with this thing though, always allow yourself a whole day on an MS3 project despite how easy the install is supposed to be, lol!
                        Last edited by Mazdaspd2008; 12-14-2010, 12:21 PM.
                        '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Just learned that my Enjuku Racing catless long downpipe is actually the ATP full downpipe! Thread updated!
                          '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Small update, will be ordering lowering springs, and the Cobb Turbo Inlet within the next few weeks. Just got the SURE Motorsports recirc tube... pricey but 4ply, shaped to fit the car perfectly, nice clamps, great quality, so I'm pleased. Will keep you guys updated with progress. Also going back to Japtrix on the 26th for my free re-tune to iron out the bugs in my current custom tune. Woo!
                            '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Just ordered the turbo inlet and some step colder spark plugs, next week I'll be ordering the Eibach Pro Kit for the car, and then the week after for the re-tune, woo!
                              '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

why colder plugs? theres no reason you should need to go a step colder
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X