No announcement yet.

Mazdaspd2008's Mazdaspeed 3 worklog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ The MZR is knock happy once you push it close to 20psi - especially on lower quality gas.

Comment

I run 93 octane every fill up. Also, I'm running about 21psi peak tapering to 18psi, on a pro-tune pushing 50+ whp over stock. And living in SFL, IAT's get pretty damn high down here, especially in the summer. I'd rather foul out colder plugs and replace them if need be than run stock heat range and **** something else up. I've heard though from various companies that do R&D for the Speed3 that anywhere in the ballpark of 50whp or more over stock in conjunction with a pro-tune especially warrants running one step colder plugs for peace of mind.
      '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Mini update:

Car is back at the body shop for what better be the last time to get the quarterpanel issue buttoned up. Basically even after their last fix there were pinholes in the bodywork (the main issue they were supposed to fix), overspray, something stuck under the paint, my rear bumper didn't line up correctly where the two panels meet, the shape of the panel over the wheel well was messed up (too smooth where it flattens around the wheel well instead of a prominent anglular look) and when they detailed my car they must have used a worn buffing pad because there were swirlmarks EVERYWHERE. That's the bad news.

The good news is that the Denso ITV22 iridium spark plugs came in today, look great! Have to check the gap but I don't have the right tool, don't wanna mess up the electrode tip on these with a basic disc gap tool.

Inlet has also shipped out from Cobb in Austin, TX and arrived in Jacksonville, FL last I checked way earlier today. Here's hoping for it being delivered tomorrow!
        '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Some feeler gauges and a careful hand will do just fine.

Comment

Don't happen to have those either. My tool selection is unfortunately relatively limited. Oh, and whenever UPS decides to get here, I'll have the inlet pipe, woo!
            '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

I have feeler gauges foo. lol
              -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
              VF10 powered!
              262 Whp & 257 Wtq
              13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Well then we can gap em right, foo! Also, inlet just came in. Gonna need to use a heat gun to get the recirc tube on there.
                '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

I don't have a heat gun. I do have a blow dryer though.. haha
                  -Steve

VF10 powered!
                  262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                  13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

lets see, gun-esque shape... blows pretty damn hot air.

...sounds like it'll work.
                    '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Soak the end in boiling water for a min or two

Flyrtle 6.0 Dynojet @ 15psi on BP26 ECU 229.31 whp / 229.95 ft-lb
                      HPLogic Mustang Dyno @ 15psi on MS1 v3 226 whp / 195 ft-lb [HD Video]
                      Soon to be powered by a Precision snail on crack...

Add me on more pictures of my projects can be found there.

Comment

Helpful posts are helpful. I'll do this when I install the whole setup... once I get the car back from the shop, for the third time. Better be ****ing fixed right this time. lol
                        '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

So... mini update. Last Friday I was expecting the car back... turns out after talking on the phone with them, they had just started my "2-day repair" when the car had been there since Tuesday.

So... here we are, Tuesday the next week, and now they tell me tomorrow the car will be done.

So... I've had to cancel my re-tune appointment. I am not pleased. The ONLY upside is that there's a chance that we're getting some hail tonight... and the car is inside (I made sure to tell them) at their shop, there's no room inside here, we shoved all the crap aside in the garage as is just to fit the madre's brand new Kia Soul.

What a long annoying week it's been.
                          '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdaspd2008 View Post
                            So... mini update. Last Friday I was expecting the car back... turns out after talking on the phone with them, they had just started my "2-day repair" when the car had been there since Tuesday.

So... here we are, Tuesday the next week, and now they tell me tomorrow the car will be done.

So... I've had to cancel my re-tune appointment. I am not pleased. The ONLY upside is that there's a chance that we're getting some hail tonight... and the car is inside (I made sure to tell them) at their shop, there's no room inside here, we shoved all the crap aside in the garage as is just to fit the madre's brand new Kia Soul.

What a long annoying week it's been.
                            for those who don't know, he took his car back to the body shop again to get fixed properly. lol and wth a soul? reallly...
                            I think you should shave your beard into a soul patch and drive that XD
                            -Steve

VF10 powered!
                            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

The Soul is actually a pretty cool car, the interior has a lot of neat features.

Oh by the way... it's now Thursday, car was *supposed* to be done at 9am... checked in at 1:30 after class, they said 2:30, now... I'm still waiting. I'm getting pretty fed up with this.
                              '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Got the car back finally at about 5pm, only to find that I'm still not satisfied with how the quarterpanel looks... I'll snap some good pictures tomorrow so you guys can give me your opinions, I may just be crazy OCD about it. Other than that, found a weird stain in my back seat... o.O the girl there said it looks like surface wetness like a cleaner bottle was sitting there I'm guessing when they detailed the car... we'll see if it doesn't go away.

Gonna run by a different body shop, one that was actually recommended to me by a few people and get their opinion on the work this time around on the quarterpanel... if it's not up to par I'm gonna see if I can fight to get it repaired elsewhere and let Fine Line foot the bill here.
                                '12 Ford Focus SEL

Comment

Working...
                                X