No announcement yet.

MAZDASPEED3... here by summertime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much MPG do you get out of these ms3?
    '03 Protege5 sunlight silver
    '07 Mazdaspeed3 black mica

Comment

Check here...

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
      Member of MX-3.com
      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Originally posted by edmunds.com
        The quest for firepower
        Employing the same 2.3-liter turbo four as the Mazdaspeed 6, but with retuned intake and exhaust systems, and a modified ECU that reduces torque levels in 1st through 3rd gears, this super-Mazda generates 264 hp (JIS) at 5,500 rpm and 280 lb-ft of torque at 3,000 rpm. That translates into a rather quick 0-60-mph time of 6.1 seconds, according to Maeda.
        Originally posted by edmunds.com
        Given that this 3 inherits significant hardware from the Mazdaspeed 6, we queried why Maeda opted for front-wheel drive over the 6's 4WD. "To retain the 3's hatch-like feel, keep weight and cost down, and to clearly differentiate it from the Mazdaspeed 6," came back instantly, obviously a question he'd had before.
        Last edited by MD323; 09-11-2006, 10:20 AM.
        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

20/28 is listed in the EPA rating

The more I read, the more I want one.
          The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Working...
          X