No announcement yet.

205/55/15 tires fit on stock rims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've got 205/50-15 es100s on my stock 7-spokes, they were great while the car was still n/a
    sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
    92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by Lex
      how do you like those tires? Do you have any pics?
      i relly liek them they have excelent feel no road noise and break traction nicely

Comment

I run 205/50-15's on 15x6.5" rims, they fit just fine.

I also put a set of 205/50 hoosier's on stock '91 EGT rims and they fit just fine also.

I've got a buddy who runs his 92 EGT in SCCA ITA and he runs a set of honda rims with 205/55-15 Toyo RA1's. They fit just fine too.

I've noticed that the 205/50's are a tiny bit shorter than the stock sizes, but not enough to bug me, plus the effective gear ratio is slightly better for autocrosses.

I've got 205/50-15 Avon Tech M500's on my 15x6.5'" wheels, and they are a VERY good street tire. They handle the rain great, they're pretty quiet, and they handled an autocross and two track days ok. Not what I'd really choose for a competition tire, but they are a very very good tire for normal and spirited driving, and will let you drive in competitiion in a pinch, but Azenis are better, and Hoosiers pwn!!

--sarge

Comment

Working...
        X