No announcement yet.

93 EGT stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be my guess. Are you sunning the stock intake tube? If so, pull it off and check for cracks down inside where it is meant to bend. I've seen so many of them cracked there.

Comment

Originally posted by carkrazed2005 View Post
      That would be my guess. Are you sunning the stock intake tube? If so, pull it off and check for cracks down inside where it is meant to bend. I've seen so many of them cracked there.
      Yea its stock but thats the thing though my intake tube is only a year or two old. So idk my old one was cracked so bad that the car would buck in first and second gear lol.
      sigpic

Comment

Does it do it mainly when you come to a fast stop, hard on the brakes?

Comment

Originally posted by carkrazed2005 View Post
          Does it do it mainly when you come to a fast stop, hard on the brakes?
          Nope just when pushing the clutch in, while slowing down on a offramp. Before I even hit the brakes. Like the other guys said im not too worried about it being it starts right up every time. And by next year nothing is going to be stock anymore anyways. Just one of those things that makes you think wtf. I cant say ive ever even looked at it. I have a very short term memory lol, by the time I get back home ill forget it died until it does it again. Its can be wierd because sometimes I dont even notice the car died until try to go again lol.
          Last edited by 1992tracerlts; 04-20-2009, 06:23 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

theory

As per stalling when clutch depressed...this leads me to follow the starting system electricals...which includes relays for the Electronic Engine Control & Fuel Pump Relay (thanks Haynes) as found under the center interior consol...any of which could be the "click" you hear...or others?

Just grasping at straws here...I feel your frustration.
            Later, Jay

Comment

Working...
            X