No announcement yet.

misfire at higher boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try the cheaper things first already bought a bunch of stuff.gonna close the gap a little first then go from there
    Aku belly

Comment

It takes a huge coil to fire in high boost...

Comment

Closed the gap to .026 and problem went away.thanks guys.
        It was spark blowout
        Aku belly

Comment

Originally posted by The Pile View Post
          I had this same problem on my old probe when the alternator wasnt keeping up, at stock boost it was fine, but after 13psi it would stutter under boost, I upgraded to a KL 90 amp alt and could boost 20+ all day... if your still running the stock 65amp BP alternator I would suggest upgrading alternator since your probably getting weak spark from lack of juice
          intersesting, gonna have to monitor my voltage under boost cause i've tried all the obvious stuff.
          1993 Mercury Tracer, KLDE VItara build swap, Compound turbos, 12 injectors, 2 wastegates, 2 Megasquirts, 2 axles, 2 everything, why not

2nd Compounded KL in the world

Comment

improve ground

all seems good, but have you improved the ground system? Running n/a I had a sputter until I replaced the whimpy thin (stock)ground wire from the head to body. I also have a big ass Jacobs coil...all that energy has to go somewhere.
            Later, Jay

Comment

I could definately improve on the ground but i'm using Tiburon v6 coilpacks, I sputter at higher rpms at my max boost setting with meth and cold weather.
              1993 Mercury Tracer, KLDE VItara build swap, Compound turbos, 12 injectors, 2 wastegates, 2 Megasquirts, 2 axles, 2 everything, why not

2nd Compounded KL in the world

Comment

Working...
              X