Dhoopty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
    goddamn I love that roof wing, and the gold wheels look aces.
    Thanks! I am pleased with the way it turned out. More changes will take place soon--stay tuned!
    Calling delta camshaft tomorrow to see how my regrinds are coming along. Car is running pretty well, however i would like it to do better on highway mileage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

also after listening to the video I need to get my Pacesetter fixed and back on my car, that **** sounds so rad
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Originally posted by atomicEGT View Post
        also after listening to the video I need to get my Pacesetter fixed and back on my car, that **** sounds so rad
        Thanks, I really enjoyed doing something different. And get to work

Comment

given that the Pacesetter is in CT and my ZX2 is in Miami, it might be a bit. definitely on the to-do list if this thing stays running for a while longer.
          sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
          92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Well the klze clutch and chromoly flywheel are in. I replaced the rear main seal because I guessed a small leak developed around that area, on the lower part of the housing. The transmission has yet to be installed, however I am glad I did this when I did because the fluid was darker than I like it to get. Should have a running car some time today as long as work allows me time.

Comment

Took the clutch off and one flywheel bolt at a time to add some loctite before I put the trans on. Swapped the 5th gear for a .717. Trans is on now. Got a lot to go til it's all buttoned up, however I've made good progress between shifts. I have a de-powered steering rack to install still.

Comment

DHOOPTY is on the ground and rolling as of about 2pm today. I have 200 miles on the break in already. The pressure plate is like an oem feel, however the disc is very grabby. I prefer a HD pressure plate in this scenario, but I'm not sure I would be interested in pulling the trans again for a few months. The 5th gear swap is a great mod, as I have noticed a much better increase in mpg at interstate speeds. The flywheel has improved throttle response, and the on throttle acceleration as well, although I haven't pushed the car yet.

Getting the car ready for Fabulous Fords Forever.

Anxious for the 264 regrinds to arrive.

Comment

Comment

Painted the roof and pillars with a rubberized paint. I feel it makes the car appear to be lower than it really is, but I also love the duality of the body colors. The wheels are also complimented by black and white.
                    The paint did not lay perfectly in some spots, so I ordered the proper paint thinner to smooth it out. I will do a final coat before I leave for California.

Comment

thats a "growing on me" new look. im still not sure if i do like it or not lol. its certainly not bad tho.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I like it, nice work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm definitely a fan!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thankyou, it has grown on me a lot. I received a lot in the mail today: a reconditioned 2000 zx2 s/r shift knob, my fabulous fords registration, and my Delta Camshafts 264 weld grinds. I finished the install in a little over four hours for the cams. I was happy with my previous maintenance on the timing area, as everything was fairly clean. New cam oil seals went on along with a high pressure assembly lube to assure a proper break in. 20 minutes of 1500 - 2000 rpm. The car initially stalled a lot on the test drive when coming to stops, and pinged under medium throttle. I did about five adjustments, backing the ignition timing down and tuning the vaf to handle the new, lopey idle and not ping under load. The distributor is set pretty far back from the 16* of timing I had on the stock cams. The photo of the timing setup was taken before tensioning the belt in case anyone was wondering.

Comment

I'm not enjoying the performance of the cam gears. One adjuster bolt pulled all the threads out of one hole, and now the gear is off balance. Makes a horrendous racket at 4500-5000

Comment

no offense- but they look like ****ty gears to start with. buy some fidanza
                                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                                X