Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 MX-3 RS... soon to have MY BP! (X to 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXCELLENT!!!! more videos please!!
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I bet that'll feel nice lol
      -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
      http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Wow, This is an awesome build and about a 3 hour read lol. So why was it not making power?? That is a monster turbo. I am thinking of buying a GT28R, It should spool down low and have plenty of top end I hope. I've been trying to figure out how to read flow charts and figure out AR's but its confusing as hell.

How did you decide on what turbo to buy?

Comment

Originally posted by gambit686 View Post
          Wow, This is an awesome build and about a 3 hour read lol. So why was it not making power?? That is a monster turbo. I am thinking of buying a GT28R, It should spool down low and have plenty of top end I hope. I've been trying to figure out how to read flow charts and figure out AR's but its confusing as hell.

How did you decide on what turbo to buy?

I tried to use the turbo maps to decide what turbo to buy, but after using this turbo I should of went with the GT28RS or slightly bigger for a more street fun type car. This turbo is nice cause I don't run out of power at the top end but takes too long to spool up.
          Last edited by Shades; 06-27-2011, 11:13 PM.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
          Member of MX-3.com
          1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
          1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

hey great build.

have you had any trouble with your copper oil drain?

I was going to do the same thing but with mandrel bend copper pieces and pipe I got, but then I read this thread:

Using annealed copper helps put off the evil day, but re-annealing (which isn't too difficult, by the way) will become a periodic necessity.

and now I am starting to worry about the idea. My friend has a gtx with a copper pipe for the drain and he hasnt had a problem yet, but I am wondering how reliable the copper is.
            Last edited by vtec-this; 06-21-2011, 09:32 PM.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
            2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
            Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

^personally i wouldn't worry about copper/brass being a problem. not to the extent they are worried about....... secondly.... isn't there a copper alloy blend in bearings........................
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

ya and the copper washers on the oil in etc. just dont wanna crack it maybe I should just just try it anyways.

S197 Mustang GT Convertible The New DD. (Ford Racing 3.73/JLT CAI/SCT SF3 Tuner/Ford Racing Exhaust)
                2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Maximus Tractionous Wifeymobilious
                Previous ~ 235whp 1.8 BP Powered 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege ~ - Sold

Comment

The race car will be on the road soon - that's awesome Jon! We haven't chatted in a while - drop by when she's running. The MS2 Extra code is a lot more stable now as well.

Comment

Will sure check what will the "final" result be...

Comment

So I've learned that one of my brake bleeders was slightly open and it drained my fluid over the winter. Ah well it was due for a bleed...

Member of MX-3.com

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

Comment

Better in the garage then on the street.

Comment

lol ya that'd be an annoying thing to find out, but nonetheless not a massive failure or a big task to take on lol.
                          -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
                          http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

So I noticed you're active on the forum now, any updates?

Comment

Not really, she's been sleeping for the past three years due to aircare... tried many times to pass aircare and just gave up and are now waiting till it's all over at the end of this year.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

that'll be nice to have aircare over with for this car. silly revenue generation system

Comment

Working...
                                X