Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 MX-3 RS... soon to have MY BP! (X to 56k)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine aside I took some time to get my slicks off for the Vancouver rain... and threw on my painted EGT rims.

More pictures...
    Last edited by Turpro; 10-07-2008, 07:17 PM.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
    Member of MX-3.com
    1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
    1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shades
      Engine aside I took some time to get my slicks off for the Vancouver rain... and threw on my painted EGT rims.
      Rims look great man. Nice rear mudflap.

Lower that bad boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Jho
        Rims look great man. Nice rear mudflap.

Lower that bad boy!
        SHHH about the mudflap! Yeah yeah, it's off the 93 Special Edition that only came in Raspberry.

Oh yeah it's gonna be lowered when the engine gets dropped in... engine, tranny and suspension.

Member of MX-3.com

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

Comment

So I thought I'd give an update on progress... or should I say a downdate, as things have now gone amiss.

Well first, I had to buy the bolts that hold the MSBP from Mazda cause general 8mm bolts have heads that are too big to fit in the valley of the MSBP. Those were $3 each times by 8 bolts needed.
          Second, also bought a tranny end cover as the one that I took off the tranny had a gear guide broken inside.
          Third, I have LOST/MISPLACED all my bolts for my engine. You see I took my engine apart at my last place of employment and then moved the engine to my house and then to my current place of work. They were all in a bag, and now the bag in missing.

I am ready to assemble my short block and was needing my oil pan bolts and all the other bolts for the oil pump and water pump, etc. Grrr...

OH well, that's were things stand on this project... looks like it's gonna take a bit longer than I thought.
          Last edited by Shades; 10-02-2006, 08:19 PM.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shades
            So I thought I'd give an update on progress... or should I say a downdate, as things have now gone amiss.

Well first, I had to buy the bolts that hold the MSBP from Mazda cause general 8mm bolts have heads that are too big to fit in the valley of the MSBP. Those were $3 each times by 8 bolts needed.
            Second, also bought a tranny end cover as the one that I took off the tranny had a gear guide broken inside.
            Third, I have LOST/MISPLACED all my bolts for my engine. You see I took my engine apart at my last place of employment and then moved the engine to my house and then to my current place of work. They were all in a bag, and now the bag in missing.

I am ready to assemble my short block and was needing my oil pan bolts and all the other bolts for the oil pump and water pump, etc. Grrr...

OH well, that's were things stand on this project... looks like it's gonna take a bit longer than I thought.
            Damn man, that really sucks.

I hope you find those bolts and don't run into any more problems.

Comment

Sucks to hear about the bolts. You don't need them anyways. Just send me the engine and I'll send you a fully assembled bp. Lol. Good luck getting everything you need to finish that beast.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by turpro
                Sucks to hear about the bolts. You don't need them anyways. Just send me the engine and I'll send you a fully assembled bp. Lol. Good luck getting everything you need to finish that beast.
                OK sure! Good idea!

I might have to go to a junkyard and find a SOHC engine and take the bolts off that... or buy a bottom end and then strip it... cause I don't know what bolts I need. This sucks!

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

Bolts are found I'm a moron... I hid my parts at work so well that even I can't find them.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

Haha. So you did the "I'll put the parts here so I don't forget them" then forgot where ya put them. So how long till its assembled and running?
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Well I was hoping the bottom end would be assembled this weekend but Mazda only sent me 6 bolts for the MSBP instead of the 8 I ordered... so probably next weekend for the bottom end.

The head still needs more porting which I hope to intend on finishing this Saturday... a little more porting to be done and the a lot of polishing. Bang in the bronze guides, cut the seats, deck the head... and then cross my fingers that the Manley valves and the end caps will give me the right amount of clearance for my solid lifters.

If that doesn't work then I found a manufacturer that makes longer and oversized valves... and I might have a full set of Manley oversized stainless steel valves for sale, but we'll see.

You ask when it will be done, well as soon as I get my butt in gear... I'm hoping before Christmas. I still have to rebuild my tranny... that's another story... as I don't have an end cap for the tranny as the one that was on the tranny has a guide for one of the gears and it's cracked and bent.

I'll try and snap some more pictures of the block after it's together with the oil pan on and oil pump, etc.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

Jon, I thought that tranny was in good shape? Are you dropping in an LSD?

Comment

Maybe I didn't read it in prior posts but are you still going to use the toga hv oil pump? If not what one will you use?
                          2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

OMG i'm like so excited to see this!!! best thread evah!!!

i can't freaken wait to see that thing in the bay and running!!!
                            Originally posted by 90prtege
                            have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                            Originally posted by Turpro
                            Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                            CRZbrussian: that sux
                            CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                            CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Lex, yeah the tranny is in good shape... but I wanted to take it apart and just check out everything to make sure there aren't any worn down pieces.

TurPro, yeah I'm still going with the Toga HV oil pump... I think I over paid for it, and I don't really think it's HV. The chamber doesn't look any bigger and machining it to higher tollerances is BS. Bought it, gotta use it.

tehstocker99, I can't believe you sound more excited than I do about this... haha! Thanks!!

I just at work now torquing everything down and throwing on the rear main seal... full bottom end assembly won't be till next week as I'm missing 2 MSBP from Mazda.

Member of MX-3.com

Comment

That's pretty ghey about Mazda, but it's sweet that you found the hardware.

Comment

Working...
                                X