No announcement yet.

The swap Begins (mx3 + bpd=fun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's up and running. Just need to make the intercooler piping. I chose the 21x9x2.5 i/c. It seemed more appropriate. We have a problem though. The mx-3 speed sensor doesn't fit the g-series transmission. My mechanic told me that it doesn't fit the hole of the transmission so I can't mount it the way Shades told me (with a 1/2 inch shim).
    So What we can do? Should I just buy a sohc cluster ?
    Here is the sensor. Just for reference, it's from an f-series transmission.

Comment

Send Bugs a PM about the speedo sensor... he's the one who told me.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
      Member of MX-3.com
      1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
      1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

I have the elctronic Plug part that screws onto the Mechanical Speedo of the g-series transmission. If you want it find out shipping from 98802 in the states to you and you can send me that plus like $5 and its yours

Or I can get josh to post exactly what he had to do when he did his, again he
        's is a 94, but should be the same as your 96.

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
        Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz pzl plz make josh post the modification... We are in a bit of hurry ... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Is this what i've got to do?

Comment

ok, so its the same spedo as 95' like mine.

you will need

- A Dremel
            - piece of 1/2" Plexiglasss or Nioprene, something hard not britle, easy to cut, i guess wood would work, but eventually give out. rember no one is going to see it. it hase to be a 1/2" spacer of some kind.

-RVT silicone

and thats it.

then you cut out a section big enough to fit over the hole for the spedo. drill like 1/8" hole in it to line it up with the mounting hole, so you can clamp it down when your done. then you want to drill a bigger hole where the spedo will go, and i slowly dremiled it out untill the spedo would fit. then you just Dremil the edges and whatnot untill you get it to fit perfictly, you want your spedo to fit snug, not tight or loose. then RTV the bottom of it and the inside the spedo portion and bolt it on. i ran mine for 2 years that way never had a problem. i guess i could take a picture of my spacer. give me a day or so. i have to tear threw the garage to find it.
            Josh
            95' AWD MX-3 RST - Still a work in progress
            05' MS RX-8 - Needing some love in the form of a new motor, soon to be FE3 powered
            Work Log - http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53776
            Cardomain Page - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/408020
            Face Book page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mazda-...37983472959216

Comment

Thanks guys for the help. There was a misunderstanding with me and the mechanic. He told me that the gear does not fit to go through the hole.Today I removed the protege sensor and saw that it is (I think) the same size as the mx-3 one, just shorter. But as always bad luck strikes me.I had the mx-3 sensor dissasembled on my desk and my mom decided to clean the mess. She didn't throw anything away, but the fact is that I'm missing the metal clip that holds the green gear...
              I'll try to find it and then make the spacer to fit it. If not I'll buy Bugs' one.
              The Mx-3 in on the road again...
              I have some issues though that I need to deal with.
              My idle is always over 1000 rpm (approximately 1100) and I can't lower it back to normal.I thought emanage blue was messing up but it still does it even if I have it disconnected. the Idle screw is turned all the way clockwise and nothing was messed up (adjusted ) from the time I removed it from the pro.
              The a/f is 14.2 (if that means something).
              Is there sth screwed that I should replace?

Comment

Have you checked to make sure the IAC is plugged in (The thing on the bottom of the TB)? If you don't have that plugged in then it won't idle right, it will just idle high!

Mexican: "You wanna race for titles?"
                Mormon: "lol, no, I don't want your car."

Comment

So I checked the ISC valve and it was plugged. I unplugged it and the rpm went down to 900, plugged it again and went up, then uplugged it and went down .... (after 3-4 minutes of complete insanity and repetition ) I plugged it again and rpm stayed at 900 Did it went FUBAR because of my stupidity?
                  I remove it now and I can hear the click that the workshop manual states but the rpm don't go up. :D

Comment

Update... I still have many issues with the car. I thing the ecu has a problem. The idle problem still exists, and I have 2 other problems.

1) When I step on the gas, it leans for a sec and then starts to get rich.
                    2) The fuel cut off that happens when you let off the gas and you are in high rpm, exists even if i just push the gas and let it go in neutral. (it should only happen when I am over 3000rpm) This causes the engine to get lean between the shifts (even though I have a bov that vents to atmosfere) and in combination with the first problem, causes a small hesitation to the engine.

Damn...

Comment

Update... Last week the tranny went crap. I think the final drive gear bent a tooth... I'll see it when I disassemble it. However I fitted a infini g-series tranny with viscous lsd... Today I received the emanage cable and the new GTR ecu (BPC8) and I'm set. :D
                      Tomorrow I'll have it on the road again.

Comment

Nice, let us know how that infini tranny holds up.

Comment

I`d like to thank bax for his bumper even if so much late!!!
                          sigpicOf all the things i`ve lost.. i miss my mind the most....

Comment

Working...
                          X