No announcement yet.

Coming Soon (hopefully) MX-3 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we shall see the one in toronto is only $600 and if it is in good shape i may get it, which means i'll have to completely redo the rear half of the car but the front stuff i can just swap from the one i've been working on to that one at least. i still need to talk to the guy who did the dash swap i'im not giving up yet but i gotta admit after nearly 5 years i am beginning to loose hope
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

this is my last attempt before sending it to a shop.. if anyones interested in making 800-1000 by helping for a weekend to get my car running let me know otherwise i am taking it to a shop for a last ditch effort to see how close we can get before i decide to put it up for sale
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

What all you need done?
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

engine bay:
          hook up the engine harness
          run vaccum lines
          run coolant lines
          run fuel lines
          move wires for alternator and starter

interior:
          slightly modify shifter cables
          install 94 dash in the car (might be impossible i just discovered and i don't have a 93 dash)
          put battery in trunk and run power and ground cables
          secure fuel cell
          install the aftermarket seats

other:
          install rear axles
          install rear brakes
          install drive shaft
          run brake lines
          In the Garage
          Black 93 MX-3 GS
          Bp powered
          GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

i don't think you've listened to my advice in a good while. scrap all the Bull**** projects & just do the bare minimum to get it running. trying to sell out & buy another POS is only going to leave you really burned. go find yourself the right dash not a later year & put the car back together. i know your capable. get some motivation man. im in AUS or i would come out & just do it for ya. in all honesty im slightly sick of reading its not done
            shouldn't take but minor **** to get it going.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Dude the only ****ing nonessential thing on that whole list is the dash execpt for the fact its the only dash I have. I need a dash or the steering shaft will be limp as an unexcited dick and I can't drive with that. I've given up on having any kind of heating, cooling, or even a way to defrost/defog the windows and I may not have whipers so the car won't be very streetable.
              In the Garage
              Black 93 MX-3 GS
              Bp powered
              GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

just keep some motivation, i know your more then capable to do all of this yourself. id like to see you have some sense of satisfaction from this project.
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

its hard to get motivated on a long term project but think how bad ass it will be when its done...
                  i know its a piece of crap... but im still faster...

Comment

as of right now i posted a GI in the for sale section i'm considering selling the car minus the engine and ecu for $1500 or trade that much for a 94 or news with the body and interior in decent shape
                    In the Garage
                    Black 93 MX-3 GS
                    Bp powered
                    GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

thats super disappointing tim

Comment

i can't find anyone who can help and time is running out i can't keep the car at my friends house for more than a few more months and i can't afford to store it again
                        In the Garage
                        Black 93 MX-3 GS
                        Bp powered
                        GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

just get it running. you don't need a dash even. just so you can have it within distance to work on it as you can. this tinkering around for years with it ages away has seriously dampened the project

Comment

i can't drive it without the dash, i already messed up the steering column a little because i haven't been able to put a dash in, luckily i was able to repair it but i may not be able to do so again. all this "tinkering" in the last 5 years was all necessary to get where I am now. nothing i've done so far wasn't needed. The only thing I can think of was the rear miata brakes but those cost the same as the stock brakes and didn't take any extra time to add since they are bolt on. the dash i guess is the only not needed thing that has caused an issue and that didn't come up till the last month or so.
                            In the Garage
                            Black 93 MX-3 GS
                            Bp powered
                            GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

i managed to find a dash frame for only $60 and got that installed, almost done with the rear brakes and got the rear axles in... there is a crap load of play though so i'm worried the hubs are shot and i have no idea what hubs can be used to replace them.

i'm still looking at other mx-3s online but not quit ready to give up on this one... i also discovered another issue. i forgot to pull all of the manual stuff off the old mx-3 before it went to the junkers so i don't have the clutch pedal!!!!! and i'm not sure what else besides the clutch pedal assembly i will need if anyone knows please tell me so i can try to find those items
                              In the Garage
                              Black 93 MX-3 GS
                              Bp powered
                              GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

gtx/GTR rear pieces tim?? its likely if you towed the car without rear axels that you'd just need new wheel bearings. which isn't a huge problem. you can*** get away with tightening down the rear axels really good & hope that the bearings pull together nice n tight again. if you were local i'd put em in my press/straighten it out for ya

Comment

Working...
                                X