No announcement yet.

1995 MX-3 RS turbo (BP) 56K BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockers were cut out and new ones were welded in. Good news was that the inner rockers and door sills were still like brand new when I cut it away. I just have to grind down the welds and do the finish work on the sections. Rest of the car is almost ready for primer. I am hoping to get it sprayed with primer by middle of week or next weekend.

I have some pics, but I lost my cord to transfer them to the computer. As soon as I get another cord, I will upload them.

Shop 506-577-6708
    cell 506-381-3503
    email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

cool, i hope it will be ready for summer!! i want to see that car running down the track!!
      2012 Kia rio
      2009 Nissan Frontier
      1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

I was hoping to have it ready for speedsport, but I can't see that happening since it is this weekend and I didn't get the primer on the car yet.

No worries about seeing it this summer though, I should have primer on this weekend and hoping to paint it by first week in May. It should be back together by the middle of may with the new tune on the MS. I will message you when I take it to Danny to get tuned, maybe you can make it this time.

Jeff

Shop 506-577-6708
        cell 506-381-3503
        email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Well, it has been a while since I last updated. I actually had to go to 2 different bodymen to get this completed. The first guy actually flaked on me just as we were going to prime the car, but it turns out that it was a good thing that he did. When the 2nd bodyman looked at the work, he pointed out all the mistakes the first guy made and we had to redo a lot of the work a second time.

I am just glad that it is now completed and I can concentrate on getting it running again and back on the road to enjoy it before summer is over.

On with the pics:

Just a warning, the paint has a lot of mica in it so in some of the pics, it looks like it is tigerstriped but that is just light reflecting from the house next door hitting the mica.

this is the one that looks tiger striped...lol!!

Shop 506-577-6708
          cell 506-381-3503
          email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Paint looks good!

but the rims/bodykit/and tails arent for me...

1992 MX-3 GS - KLZE
            1997 Probe GT

Its not a BP05.... Its a BPOS... BIG PIECE OF ****

Comment

Thanks. I love the paint on the car, it really glimmers now and is a lot nicer than the stock red paint.

I like to be different and I like how all those parts you mentioned set the car off. I had that kit since 2000, got the lights as soon as they came out on the market and the rims were a gift from the wife in 1999. I feel that the front bumper is one of the best ones for a boosted application and gets the most air to the intercooler, which is why I bought it.

Besides, I got the parts before they were popular and I have them now that they are not liked......I figure they will become popular again and I will still have them on the car then and be ahead of the game.....lol!!

Shop 506-577-6708
              cell 506-381-3503
              email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Looks good! Glad you kept with it. You need to lower it more, then the body kit will look a lot better.
                Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

If I lived in a better area where there wasn't so many high curbs and horrible roads, I would love to lower it more. The reality is that is the lowest I feel comfortable going. The rear looks high in those pics, but I am sure once I start driving the car again, it will settle a bit more with the suspension moving again. The car wasn't driven since I blew the turbo last October 1st.

I am glad I stuck with it too now that I see the results, I couldn't be happier.......Well maybe if I had new tires......lol!

Shop 506-577-6708
                  cell 506-381-3503
                  email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

definitely fond of the color scheme.

not particular to the rear taillights- but its your car
                    are you able to raise the angle of the turn down so it doesn't appear as if it hangs down so far.... seems a bit out of place
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Awesome build man! There are a few people now in the maritimes with boosted BP's now.

Comment

Dyno day tomorrow!!! Let's hope that this turbo doesn't blow up.....LOL!!!!

Shop 506-577-6708
                        cell 506-381-3503
                        email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

dyno day delayed. i will keep you informed.

Shop 506-577-6708
                          cell 506-381-3503
                          email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

why the delay??
                            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

went to get it inspected and found out it needed a couple things. I asked for a rejection sticker and the shop said that they aren't used anymore. Asked another mechanic after hours and he said the shop was BSing, they are still being used. I am pissed and now I need to wait for another day unless I can find a shop to get me a sticker and try to get the dyno guy to do it later today or this weekend.

Shop 506-577-6708
                              cell 506-381-3503
                              email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

isn't a rejection sticker bad??

Comment

Working...
                                X