1995 MX-3 RS turbo (BP) 56K BEWARE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
    Great idea with the muffler downturn - not only will it be a touch quieter, but it will attract a lot less law enforcement attention when they follow you around - you'd be surprised how many times a big muffler tip will get ya pulled over.
    Thanks, that is exactly the reasons I did it. I can't believe how many people commented on the tip, online and local friends, everyone seems to like that idea.

Shop 506-577-6708
    cell 506-381-3503
    email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by mx3optidrive View Post
      Scortadict, when is the funrun? Depending on when it is, it might be good to go.
      its july 19th
      2012 Kia rio
      2009 Nissan Frontier
      1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Whoever did those welds really did an excellent job!

Subscribed to this thread for sure...

Comment

Well, got the front bumper back on after hacking it to death to get the i/c piping to fit. Also painted the piping with ceramic heat paint. The hood is not latched in these pics so there is a gap between the hood and bumper but it does match together nicely.

I will have some pics of under the hood after I get the wiring back in.

Shop 506-577-6708
          cell 506-381-3503
          email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Ah good to see that I'm not the only one with large intercooler piping... I had to hack up my stock bumper to get it to fit.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
            Member of MX-3.com
            1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
            1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

I gotta admit I love the hood. Does that guy do extractor hoods like that for BGs at all you think?

Comment

Well, I thought I would let you all know......after 5 years of this build, it fired up as off 9pm local time here in Nova Scotia. I had a few issues and still have a couple things I have to tidy up along with adjusting some things in the tune, but at least it fired up.

Thanks to Alex for the support with the MS and everyone else that I bought parts from.

I am off to bed now, but I will make a post soon about everything that got me to this point and what I have left to do.

Jeff

Shop 506-577-6708
                cell 506-381-3503
                email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

glad to hear you got it started. now you don't have to abandon your project!
                  Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

been a couple of days.... hows it running
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

http://s798.photobucket.com/albums/y...t=SL370882.flv

Just a little vid of the car, not in boost....seems I blew off a coupler...lol!!!
                      Tune still needs a bit more zoning in, but good for starters.

Let me know what you think.

Jeff

Shop 506-577-6708
                      cell 506-381-3503
                      email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

Yeah man and your turbo went like WOO WOO!!

Comment

also all the vids I have are now on youtube also

Shop 506-577-6708
                          cell 506-381-3503
                          email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

I am actually driving it a bit and trying to get past the break-in period so I can up the boost before winter. I did a bit of street tuning and it is running pretty good right now, not great though. I also have to replace a couple wheel bearings and a couple other suspension parts because it was sitting so long, part of the trade off though I guess.

I will get some newer pics up later. Let me know what you think.

Jeff

Shop 506-577-6708
                            cell 506-381-3503
                            email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

MmmmmH, the front bumper looks extravagant for lack of words, IMO...

I would have gone with a more conventional bumper or less flashy or batmanic, besides that good build.

Comment

i know its a old thread but i just saw you posting and i wonder what going on with you car mx3optidrive, didnt see any update on here and msc for a long time.
                                2012 Kia rio
                                2009 Nissan Frontier
                                1997 chaparral 180LE

Comment

Working...
                                X