No announcement yet.

water pump/timing belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well yea i came form hawaii where its 85 all year..lol..but yea i just bought a torque wrench.guess i'll go buy a breaker bar too tomorrow..if i can were suppose to get around a foot tonite at 11pm..the funny thing is i work till 1230 am..what fun...but yea..thanks for all the tips guys.and i just bought some high-temp red rtv silicone..that should work right for the water pump gasket and the valve cover gasket right??
    This is lolZz

Comment

I think I usually use the blue stuff. I just use whichever says water pump on it or describes what type of applications to use it on. With that, I buy whatever would apply accordingly.

Comment

yea i was going to get the red one and then just to check i asked the guy and he brought out the same one i was thinking of.
        This is lolZz

Comment

your guys worry too much all rtv is pretty much the same. blue, red, black, guerilla snot. they all do the same ****. and does not matter if it is high temp or not they all will work fine. they only thing that is neeeded for is to stick the gasket to what ever you trying to install until it has a good seal. the gasket is the sealer the silicone is just used to keep it in place. dont stress on what kind it is. i do that stuff all day at work. firestone ASE certed mechanic. and yes i like to flaunt i am ASE, not to be an ass just proud i accomplished it. plus it makes me worth more at work. raise you say. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MX3_GTR View Post
            your guys worry too much all rtv is pretty much the same. blue, red, black, guerilla snot. they all do the same ****. and does not matter if it is high temp or not they all will work fine. they only thing that is neeeded for is to stick the gasket to what ever you trying to install until it has a good seal. the gasket is the sealer the silicone is just used to keep it in place. dont stress on what kind it is. i do that stuff all day at work. firestone ASE certed mechanic. and yes i like to flaunt i am ASE, not to be an ass just proud i accomplished it. plus it makes me worth more at work. raise you say. lol.
            I actually don't worry that much about it. As stated on my post above "I usually use the blue stuff. I just use whichever says water pump on it or describes what type of applications to use it on.". Similar to what you said, I've used other ones if I have a different one already at home. About you mentioning you're ASE certified. I'm very glad you mentioned it. Now I know who to go to for mechanical help. I will now be bothering you more than other members for help.

Comment

Working...
            X