No announcement yet.

Sway bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yeah i forgot about that! i may actually do that with mine also.. let me know if you need some help man... once I get my car squared away maybe I can come down and give you a hand for a day or two

i don't really have a job right now so i have a lil more free time
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
      Its just a part car for my kl swap. I'm going to be running the mx3 suspension and all on the pro for the extra width.

Onlytrueromeo-so the stock front and whiteline rear feels good? How's over/understeer with that setup? I will probably make my only joints. We'll see

I haven't had time to fully test the setup yet, cold weather is upon us and I am on my winter tires.

I had about 2 weeks on it before I took the summer tires off. The MX3 definitely liked the bigger rear swaybar. It felt slightly more stable on a couple highway decreasing radius on-ramps, and I was able to get the back end around easier (although that could be also due to decreasing temps)

I know it's not conclusive proof, but the swaybar is significantly stronger. It's thicker and heavier (solid vs hollow) and it is a relatively good price. (I got mine for 160 shipped)

When I get my poly bushings in I expect it to perform even better, since my car has some slop due to worn bushings all around. I also plan to do some significant chassis reinforcement starting after the thaw and I will be sure to document and post everything when I do!

Comment

^ That is true. I'm going for the white line rear sway bar too. I always heard positive results about the sway bar.

Turpro, if you want a front sway bar upgrade, you can get the ZX2 sway bar. You will need to make custom elm joint/link to sport that sway bar though.

Comment

doesn't Addco make a thicker front swaybar?

Comment

Not for the MX-3s

Comment

Why do you guys want bigger front swaybars? I guess I'd be interested in seeing if a bigger one would help, but from what I know about suspensions, we'd be increasing understeer and reducing front end grip.

Comment

The MX-Pro GS (I just made that up, and I like it) is a fair bit lighter then a MX-3 GS so keep that in mind when thinking about sway bars. Oh and this link may be handy. Poor Rayman bought Addco 323 sway bars for his MX-326 GS. He didn't know Dan [Sac] had put MX-3 suspenders under his car when Dan built it. Rayman made kool adapter links for his car. Check his whole build his car is bad ass!

Dominic Toretto rocks a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"

My Work Log:http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46003

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X